PDA

View Full Version : Garand-how much should I sell for?

Dave3006
October 24, 2000, 03:20 PM
I am considering selling this Garand to make room in my safe for a new 7mm Sendero. This Garand has a new barrel and has been re-parkerized. The stock is a Fajen fancy laminate. It is a beautiful rifle. I do not know how much to offer it for? Any help?

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1288635&a=9551949&p=31442337

Southla1
October 24, 2000, 04:18 PM
Geez Dave! Thats a tough one it seems to be in such nice shape, but the collector vlaue may be down some due to the stock and re-barreling but I still think at least $700. Hell I saw one at a lil 2-bit gun show the other day with one of those junk CIA receivers and lots of junk parts and they wanted $589 for it. Besides that I read in this forum that CMP is down to 100,000 garands left, so I think they will be going up in price. I know this no amount of cash (well almost) can touch mine! :)

------------------
Carlyle Hebert

riverdog
October 24, 2000, 06:10 PM
$700-750 should be about right. CMP service grade M-1's are running $519 these days and if you compare yours to one of the CAI M-1's, you've gotta go at least a hundred over those. If its a new GI barrel such as one of the Danish imports, the only real ding is the stock and some folks like Fajen's (I've still got one of their M-1 camo stocks nib).

Josh D
October 24, 2000, 10:15 PM
IMHO, it would be a cryin shame to sell that piece of history. You can get a bolt action anytime but Garands are "the finest battle implement ever devised"!

DON'T sell it unless you promise to buy one from the CMP!

MAD DOG
October 25, 2000, 11:57 AM
I will be happy to take that old, obsolete piece of military refuse off of your hands.
I am offering $50.00 for any Garand right now. I use them for making lamps stands....

Just kidding... KEEP IT!
Piece of history. Enjoy it.

3 gun
October 25, 2000, 12:58 PM
Lots of unknowns in this question. GI barrel? What make is the receiver? Matching parts(SA,Win/trigger group,bolt,op rod etc)? Correct GI parts (pre,war, or post WW2)? All can make a big difference in a fair price. Area counts alot, "new" CAI/parts guns sell for around $425, here in Ohio. GI CMP guns at shows bring 600-750,Danish 500-600 in good shape. The best answer is to find a member of The Garand Collecters Assoc http://www.garandcollector.org/ to check your rifle over,tell you want you have and help set a price. My choice would be hold on to it,but I have room in my safe..barely. :)

------------------
Be careful what you ask for..You may get it.
An unloaded pistol is a paperweight.
Opportunity knocks..Trouble knocks down the door.

Cheapo
October 25, 2000, 05:42 PM
What's the history on this rifle? CMP? WWII "trophy?" Blue Sky import? (what are the other imports?) Unknown?