PDA

View Full Version : I am joining the Shotgun ranks.

Avizpls
December 29, 2004, 10:21 PM
Picked this lil diddy up today. its a Remington 870 Express Magnum. I havent shot it YET, but Im sure it ought to be fun.

I used a regular mini-maglite mount to get the light on. The laser was a bit tricky. I had a 3/8" dovetail mount laying around, so I figured what the heck. I bought dovetail scope mounts, and put them on the mag extension upside down. This leaves the 2/8" dove at the bottom. I got a piece of scrap metal and cut the two ends to clip into the scope mounts. The center is cut to an upside down dove tail, and the laser hangs down from it.

So a few questions: I shoot at my house. Any precautions I should take for the shot rounds?
Is the home-made job to get the laser and light on there legal? Obviosly, it also has pistol grips, a heat shield, and holds seven rounds.

My new Shotgun (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11213)

Thanks!

Avizpls
January 1, 2005, 02:11 AM
Nothing? No adivice? The only way I found out the barrel comes off, is that it fell off when I removed the mag extension. Just a few arrows pointing in the right direction is all I need.

That said, whats the best way to clean the bore, and how often do I need to worry about taking the back end apart to clean the action? Every time I shoot, or not? I clean the front of the...(I dont know the name for the part, but it is what the shell's rear sits on, and houses the firing pin) as much as I can.

Thanks