PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's Scopes: Who makes them?

Matrix
September 26, 2000, 10:40 PM
My catalog shows 2 lines of scopes with the Cabela name. One is very cheap, the other is mid-to-low cost. Any idea who makes them for the company? Has anyone purchased one?
I've been a good customer for years, and the service has allways been good, but I'd like to get a better idea of the product before I buy one.

Danny45
October 3, 2000, 12:22 AM
Matrix, I don't know if my info is correct, but I heard that the Pine Ridge scopes were made by Tasco, and the Alaskan Guide scopes were made by Simmons. ??????? Either way, I'm a firm believer, when it comes to optics, you get what you pay for!!!!

------------------
"Charlton Heston is my President"

Danny45
NRA, NAHC, Buckmasters

jtduncan
December 13, 2000, 07:54 PM
Did you ever get an answer on this?

muleshoe
December 13, 2000, 09:43 PM
While in the Sidney NE store last month, I asked this very same question of the salesperson at the scope counter. The answer I got was a very confused expression and a "huh?". That scholar then went and asked three others. They then combined all their accumulated brainpower to come up with "Cabela's makes their own scopes, .....I think."

I've heard before that either Simmons or Tasco makes them.

taco
December 13, 2000, 11:49 PM
I don't think Simmons or Tasco are the manufacturers of Cabella's scope since both are only importer with no true factory/manufacturing capability. I know a lot of Tasco stuff comes from Taiwan and Korea with smaller amount from Japan and China while Simmons gets most of their stuff from Korea and Phillipines. Perhapse Cabella's stuff is made by same manufacturers as those who supply Tasco and Simmons?