PDA

View Full Version : EAA Witness- Any Good?

N3rday
December 8, 2004, 12:39 AM
I was browsing through GunsAmerica when I came across the Witness line of guns (look like CZ Clones). I'd heard of them, but never really gave them any thought before. What does everyone think of them?

Thanks in advance!

Tamara
December 8, 2004, 12:42 AM
Yup, Italian CZ-75 clones.

The two I owned worked well. (I believe that Tanfoglio also provides the bare frames for the Baby Eagle guns.) One of the biggest downsides is that the lo-bujt entry price means you will get pounded if you ever decide to trade it down the road.

Sir William
December 8, 2004, 12:56 AM
They make a fine pistol. Think of them as a tramsformer. You buy a frame with a caliber choice. The conversions are available for other calibers on that single frame. With their low budget prices, you can afford to buy several. They hold up well too. Mine was a 45 ACP. I sold it to a friend. A friend I still have. LOL

cma g21
December 8, 2004, 09:14 AM
I've got one that wasn't too bad NIB, but with a little work turned out to be quite good.
I really recommend upgrading the recoil spring, especially on the .45 and 10mm with an extra power spring from Wolff.
You might also want to check out the CZForum - CZ Clone Club (http://p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm35)

gbundersea
December 8, 2004, 09:46 AM
I own a 9mm steel EAA Witness in Wonderfinish. This is the full-size steel frame model, not the compact polymer "P" series.

It fits my hand perfectly, is accurate, and has been flawless with about 1500 rounds of all types of ammo through it, whether immaculate or filthy.

I love it more each time I shoot it!

I am now lusting after the same pistol in .45 ACP, with the .22 conversion kit.