PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Warranty.... not good

erikd65
November 24, 2004, 10:39 PM
5 years?? This tells me they do not back their product 100%

http://www.kahr.com/pistols_warranty.html

gudel
November 24, 2004, 11:54 PM
you complain about their 5 year, but you didn't say anything about Sig and Glock's 1 year warranty?

(I know for a fact that that Sig and Glock will support their products, pretty much lifetime regardless what they write, this include if it passed the one year limit)

FYI, CZ also has 5 year warranty.

erikd65
November 25, 2004, 02:08 AM
I had no idea Glock and Sig had 1 year warranties... interesting.

Sir William
November 25, 2004, 03:01 AM
An insider, my mothers friend who knows the cousin of the night janitor at the Kahr factory, told my dogs vet that Kahrs SELF DESTRUCT at 57 months. You see? They DO have a lifetime warranty!

WillBrayjr
November 25, 2004, 07:54 AM
Sigs have a life time warrenty. Their pre-owned models have a one year warrenty!

pbass
November 25, 2004, 08:27 AM
I really don't know how good their warranty is since I've never used it. However they reworked my barrel on the recall for free, and there's a new mag catch in the mail to me just 'cause it doesn't seem reasonable that 3 out of my 5 factory mags are bad, and so on. It means much more to me that a factory will work with me than whatever it says on a piece of paper.

camaroman
November 25, 2004, 09:20 AM
Anyone hear what all the hubbub was about regarding the barrel recall a few months ago on the Kahrs?

erikd65
November 25, 2004, 12:12 PM
pbass, I understand good customer service and all, but one should not have to go through that in the first place (sending parts back and forth etc.). If thats the case, I might as well get a kel tec and save myself $300.

lunde
November 25, 2004, 01:38 PM
I have become somewhat leary of lifetime warranties. Although some manufacturers/importers claim a one-year or even no (gasp!) warranty, I have found that the reputable ones will take care of issues, even beyond the warranty period, or if there is no stated warranty. I have not once been asked to provide a sales receipt to prove when I purchased a pistol. Simply being polite, professional, and honest, when dealing with Customer Service, will be greeted with a pleasant experience. No one wants to deal with snotty people.

Sending in guns for repair or adjustment is a pain in the rear, and I'd prefer to buy a gun that has a low chance of needing warranty work done. The length of a gun's warranty is never a factor for my purchases.

denfoote
November 25, 2004, 07:17 PM
:D :cool: :eek:

Extremist
November 27, 2004, 09:15 PM
Kahr is the only handgun I've ever had to send back for Warranty service and I've been completely satisfied each time. My first PM9 developed a flaw in the frame around the trigger pin and they replaced it with a new PM9 - with nite sites added. :D

Then I :o reassembled my PM9 incorrectly and the recoil spring jumped the dual assembly and hung up my pistol. I called them - at that point I hadn't realized I reassembled it incorrectly - and they told me what I did BUT they sent me a complete new recoil assembly anyway.

Walther only has 1 year warranty, and as mentioned so does Sig and Glock. And as Ken Lunde said, I don't let warranties affect my purchase.

Regards,
James

Ala Dan
November 27, 2004, 10:36 PM
SIG-SAUER and/or SIGARMS has a one-year warranty reduced to writing;
but I'm familiar with persons sho have SIG's well beyond that, and they
sent 'em in too have 'em fixed; and received the repaired weapon back
with a "NO CHARGE" invoice. For the rest of us, SIG-SAUER/SIGARMS
classic P-series pistols run so well, for so long that we don't even worry
about a warranty! :D :cool:

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member