PDA

View Full Version : 2 Rugers = 1 Norinco

9x19
September 6, 2000, 04:56 PM
Well, there I was, out pawn shopping with a few trade goodies...

I found this like new Norinco AK-47S (pre-ban) with a few mags, cleaning kit, etc., but no box.

So, I traded my Ruger PC4GR and P944T even up (I had $550 in the pair) for the AK, and I am so happy I could spit! {spitouie!}

How was y'all's day? :D

------------------
Make mine lean, mean, and 9x19!

Mackeath
September 6, 2000, 05:33 PM
My day wasn't that good. Why can't I ever have luck like that? All the pawn shops out here have things like Mossberg 500's for 300 dollars and think that giving me 250 dollars is a good deal for my throated, polished, and has a trigger job Kimber with 5 Wilson mags. 300 if I throw in my Galco holsters.

J. Parker
September 6, 2000, 05:42 PM
9x19; Hey, happy trades are all in the eye of the beholder! If you're happy with it, then it was a good trade. Frankly, the two Rugers you traded are a dime a dozen. I had a Norinco AK-47 years ago and it was fun, fun, fun. In five years the AK will be worth $1,000! Or more! I just traded away a S&W mod 457 for a Ruger mini-14 with two PMI 40 rounders, a 20 rounder, and a bunch of .223 fodder. I'm happy and brother-in-law is happy. Best Regards, J. Parker

J. Parker
September 6, 2000, 05:51 PM
Mackeath; I here where you're coming from. I tried to trade that S&W mod 457 at a gun shop and he said he'd give me $240.00 for it. I paid $429.95! I don't know where you live but try to sell that Kimber to a private party. Best, J. Parker

Art Eatman
September 6, 2000, 05:52 PM
Well, if the money works, fine. No matter how you slice it, it's an AK clone, of which the world is not just full but is over-loaded. Lord knows I'll never knock entrepreneurial capitalism, but owning an AK clone isn't real high on my notions of worthwhile possessions...

What the hey, an M1 Carbine is a lot more fun, costs less, and doesn't look like some garbage-y non-p-c overly-heavy awkward "thing".

You may have guessed, I'm underwhelmed by the AK clones...

Art

J. Parker
September 6, 2000, 06:40 PM
AK clone/M1 carbine controversy! Yipes! Actually, there is no controversy- A Norinco AK clone is twice the gun a M1 carbine is! M1 carbines are totally lame...... :) :) Best J. Parker

9x19
September 6, 2000, 10:23 PM
Art,

's okay. I was underwhelmed by the M1 Carbine... and truly amazed and their current prices. {shrug}

------------------
Make mine lean, mean, and 9x19!

Destructo6
September 6, 2000, 11:53 PM
Yep, I've never been impressed by the M1 Carbine. The ergonomics are appalling.

I think any sane US infantryman during WWII would ditch the carbine for an AK in a heartbeat.

At any rate, good deal. My MAK-90 has always held a dear place in my heart as it was my first un-pc gun. It's hard to believe that reasonably priced pre-1989 AKs are still out there.

[This message has been edited by Destructo6 (edited September 07, 2000).]