PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me ID the Beretta

CzarShel
October 14, 2004, 11:24 PM
Can someone help me ID the Beretta handgun I'm looking for?
I saw a new Beretta hand gun a while back in a GnA Magazine but I cant seem to remember the model or details. The feature that stood out was the fact that by changing out the slide, barrel and clip it could accommodate several calibers on the same frame. I thought it was one of the Beretta Cougar models but I cannot seem to find any info on it anywhere online.

Any info would be very appreciated.....Thanks

Gonzo_308
October 15, 2004, 04:38 AM
It sounds like a .40 S&W model pistol. I'm not sure which one but it is common to swap barrells and mags and be able to shoot multiple calibers out of a 40 S&W gun.

40 S&W, .357SIG and 9mm.

P.S. Just so you know and before someone else busts your chops over it.

Most modern self loading pistols accept magazines not clips . ;)

Might seem like a small difference to you but in gun circles it is important to use proper terminology.

theberettaman
October 15, 2004, 08:50 AM
Beretta made a 92/96 Combo that came with a 96 frame and a 92 and 96 slide and barrel.They don't make them anymore but you see some around on the auctions and gun shows. :)

IM_Lugger
October 15, 2004, 09:43 AM
Gonzo_308,
there is no Beretta92/96 in .357Sig. (Maybe you were talking about the Cougar model.)

There also is a .22LR convercion kit for Berettas 92/96.

CzarShel
October 15, 2004, 10:13 AM
Gonzo_308,Yeah I know the difference between a clip and a mag but we have so many assault rifles, auto pistols and high cap mags we just get used to saying throw me another clip, more of a cliché than a tech term around these parts.

IM_Lugger, I'm pretty sure it was a Cougar Model or one that looked allot like the cougar models.

theberettaman, I'm looking at a Beretta 92/96 at a local shop its a used older gun but I swear the "mag", barrel, grip, all the dimensions are exactly like my 92FS I currently carry. The only difference I saw was the barrel was thinner to accommodate the bigger .40 hole. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I could drop my 9mm "mag" and upper on there.

But what I' really like to find is that cougar (if it is a cougar model) that can be switched from 40 S&W, .357SIG and 9mm. with "mags" and uppers.

Thanks for all your help and any more info you might have to help me find the Beretta I'm looking for would be greatly appreciated.

-Cz

CzarShel
October 15, 2004, 10:22 AM
P.S. I'm also looking for a used Beretta Cougar Stainless INOX .40S&W , preferably from a private collection, please email me if anyone has one they might be interested in selling.

Gonzo_308
October 15, 2004, 06:04 PM
I'm confused, did I mention a particular model or did I say I wasn't sure which model?

Very few weapons take "clips" most notably the Garand. just about everything else takes a magazine.

Ya'll have fun. ;)

IM_Lugger
October 16, 2004, 09:25 AM
Gonzo_308, I though CzarShel was talking about 92/96 models.
:p no fun intended