PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with the Choate "Ultimate Sniper Stock"?

RugerKid17
August 20, 2000, 06:00 PM
Hey everyone-

I have heard alot about the Choate "Ultimate Sniper Stock", mostly in magazines or ads, but i have never used it, let alone seen it in person. And i dont know anyone who has either. It looks like a promising peice, and costs less than other aftermarket stocks, such as McMillians.

I've considered adding it to whatever long range rifle i end up purchasing, but I'd like to know if performs as well as Choate says it does.

Thanks for the input,

RugerKid17

Watchman
August 20, 2000, 10:06 PM
One of my long range friends uses a Choat Ultimate Sniper Stock on his .300 Sendaro.

Personally , I think it's as ugly as dirt.It ticks me off and hurts my eyes. I think he ought to get a ticket for ugliness or at least an ugly gun award.

However ...personal feelings aside...it does what it advertises. It shoots well but that grip needs to be sanded a bit or it'll take the hide off of your hands after several shots. One thing about it though, it does recoil considerably less than my stock Sendaro. I like the screw adjustment in the back, its pretty handy for shooting off of a bench..you just adjust the screw till you are on target and leave it there. It is a pretty stable platform.

I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like it go for it. He thinks it's pretty , but I've accused him of being warped . I guess Im just a traditional kinda guy. The stock is very functional and he is love love with it, but hey, some men love ugly women too.

schlickenmeyer
August 20, 2000, 11:22 PM
Recently got to shoot a Savage 10FP on a USS. Granted when the "tactical" black Krylon paint he'd applied came off from bug spray, I found it amusing. But despite a rough scope, I shot it very well. May be heavy, but it's stable. and for $107, who can complain??

The Plainsman
August 21, 2000, 09:48 AM
As a proud (and pleased) USS owner/operator, I would agree with almost everything Watchman and Schlickenmeyer said. Apparently I used a better quality paint to cover up the "Pea Soup/Baby S--t" green because mine doesn't come off for ANYTHING. I haven't had any problem with the pebble finish on the grip and forestock, so I haven't messed with that. There's no question, but that it's still a "Boss" looking set-up with my Savage 12FV and it shoots GREAT.

------------------
If "the people" in the 1st, 4th, 9th & 10th amendments, means "the people", why do some folks think "the people" in the 2nd amendment means "the state"?

700PSS Shooter
August 21, 2000, 11:39 AM
Plainsman:

Loved the quote on "the people."

sinjinsdad
August 21, 2000, 09:49 PM
Ruger,I also am a proud owner of USS.Just shot it on sunday.5 rounds into a dime at 100 yards with the .308 savage.If you can live with the weight(Ican)and take the time to do a little work I think you will find that you will a damb fine,costumized rifle no mater witch action you choose.Goodluck Sinjin.