PDA

View Full Version : Moly-Fusion

bikenjam
September 7, 2004, 04:37 PM
Has anyone used this stuff? I just ordered some to try on some reloading equipment, but i'm not sure if i should use it in the barrel. I have a 10/22, and a flat top AR-15. Do you think either of my rifles will benifit from it? thanks

12-34hom
September 7, 2004, 05:28 PM
Moly is a high pressure lube, used in a limited types of applications when applied to a firearm setting.

Used as Lube, for your guns, you would be better off using something other than Moly ie... G-96 - Rem oil etc....

There are several articles in Precision Shooting mag about the merits and uses of this stuff, interesting read.

12-Hom

techshooter
September 27, 2004, 12:56 AM
Moly is a high pressure lube, used in a limited types of applications when applied to a firearm setting. Used as Lube, for your guns, you would be better off using something other than Moly ie... There are several articles in Precision Shooting mag about the merits and uses of this stuff, interesting read
I am not disagreeing with any contention and in all due respect: Moly as you discuss is Moly disulfide and not about Moly-Fusion(tm) Moly-Fusion(tm) is reviewed at TFL (Hogans Handgun section) from some time ago, and other forums since, though not known to any popular degree. The concept is to make the metal surface behave differently on its own because it is intrinsicly different, not plated.

Therefore it should not be lightly regarded, since while it is not a lube, it does not remove with solvent, so it is unique to normal "moly". It is not Moly=Moly disulfide but rather then "Moly='Molybdenum'-Fusion(tm)". That's my take on what it is.

techshooter
September 27, 2004, 01:19 AM
Except for mentions, the thread is Hogan's Alley, Handguns: General Handgun Forum: MolyFusionâ„¢ (http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95961)