PDA

View Full Version : Will Limited/10 go away in September?

Rmack
August 20, 2004, 08:41 AM
In other words, will there still be any limited divisions with 10 round magazine restrictions, or will the sunset of the AWB result in the elilmination of those divisions?

Number 6
August 20, 2004, 09:55 AM
There are still states with magazine capacity restrictions (CA, MA, and NJ immediately come to mind); L-10 is a firmly established Division, and eliminating the 10-round restriction would cause yet another arms race.

Remember that the 8-round revolvers S&W developed were banned (after a number of people bought them) AS 8-rounders. You can now LOAD 8, but only SHOOT 6 before reloading.

In short, don't expect the expiration of the AWB to affect USPSA at all. ;)

bulm5
August 21, 2004, 03:11 PM
NO, I shoot limited 10. hopefully not.

Tacblack
August 24, 2004, 12:44 AM
I doubt it. Its a good class for people from state or a country that does not allow highcaps to be able to go to other places and shoot the way they practice. I could be wrong of course, but I think its cool for idpa shooters to swing over and shoot their cdp guns with 10 rounds mags and for all the single stack shooters. We have a few guys around that shoot idpa mostly and can shoot with the ipsc guys with just a few more mags.

As for BulM5 you can still use 10 rounds even if it goes away! Come back and shoot limited against me. Wait till you get bumped to A L10 also then you will start shooting Limited again.

Tamara
August 24, 2004, 07:39 AM
Remember that the 8-round revolvers S&W developed were banned (after a number of people bought them) AS 8-rounders. You can now LOAD 8, but only SHOOT 6 before reloading.

Well that's about no fun. :(

I wonder what the class divisions are like in ICORE?

bulm5
August 24, 2004, 08:22 AM
Bo tacblack, I am going to be class in L-10 forever :)

bulm5
August 24, 2004, 08:24 AM
Hey Tacback, everybody wants to compete against Bulm5 Chris C, tacblack and Marty T. Don't know why???

Scooter2
August 25, 2004, 01:17 AM
That's why a lot of revolver shooters are now shooting limited 10.