PDA

View Full Version : Sphinx AT2000S Bi-Tone

OzzyAussie
August 16, 2004, 12:10 AM
What can anyone tell me about the reliability of the Sphinx AT2000S Bi-Tone in 9mm. I'm researching it and have heard that the .40 has faults.

Handy
August 16, 2004, 11:13 AM
I've only heard of the Sphinx line here and there. Sounds like they're nice looking guns but no one sounds too impressed with their actual functioning. It sounds like they are Tanfoglio (Witness) guns, fitted in Switzerland, much like the IMI Baby Eagle.

For no-worry performance in an identical platform, I'd be more inclined to go with the original: CZ-75. The Sphinx line never seemed to live up to the promise and I believe the company is no more. You could also look at a fitted Witness Limited:
http://www.eaacorp.com/firearms/pistols/targetpistols/witnesslimitede.shtml

Jiml3
August 19, 2004, 11:09 AM
From what I have read, the Sphinx has a mixed record of performance but is given high marks on workmanship. Perhaps that means it's finicky on the ammo it uses. It is a clone of the CZ75 and I would suggest that you would do better with the CZ and it is a lot less expensive. I own the CZ 75 PCR and it
is my favorite carry gun. Take a look at the complete CZ line. Here is a link to their website www.czusa.com.

Jiml3

Heater
November 26, 2004, 09:42 PM
I have a .40 S&W Sphinx 2000P and had to spend some time re-calabrating the buffer spring, firing pin spring and extractor spring. It had tadpole primer indentations because it ejected with the firing pin extended. It also didn't feed well. The extractor, breach face, ramp all needed polishing.
BUT NOW....it seems to gobble everything I feed it. I like it alot, but I have to admit that I was originally disapointed by the lack of hand tuning in a handgun that expensive.

chameleon
November 28, 2004, 12:41 PM
I have a Sphinx .380 two tone, DAO. I like it a whole lot, except its time has come, and now sadly gone, as I have a Kimber Ultra Elite that is the same size.

I have had a few issues with the Sphinx, mostly soft primer hits. I never did find a good quality holster for it.
It now sits in the safe.