PDA

View Full Version : Replacement trigger

J. Scott
August 15, 2004, 02:38 PM
Glad to see you back on line.
I have a Bushmaster varminter and I'm not real happy with the factory two
stage trigger it's sticky in the first stage no matter how well I clean,lube and adjust it. I'm thinking about a Jewel two stage replacement, I have heard nothing negative about them except the instructions. Any feed back good ,bad or indifferent will be helpful.

Major Kong
August 15, 2004, 05:00 PM
I've installed a few. They're not too difficult to install and if you really get in a bind, they answer the phone! Once you install one, however, you can get them in and adjusted in 20 minutes.

I have thousands of rounds through one of them. I like them and they have been very reliable in my match rifles.

WalkerTexasRanger
August 22, 2004, 07:19 PM
You should also look at the RRA 2 stage. Installs in a couple of minutes, works very well. You can get one pre-tuned from White Oak Precision for about $125...

mcole
August 24, 2004, 01:04 PM
you may want to take a look at jp rifles triggers also. mcole

J. Scott
September 4, 2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the replys, I did end up getting the jewell trigger Major Kong was right the instructions weren't bad at all. It took about 45 min. to install and get a rough set up,very user friendly. Haven't been to the range yet going Monday. There may be better units out there but I can't see a lot of room for improvement. Thanks again JS