PDA

View Full Version : which scope for Ruger 10/22 ?

Tommy Vercetti
July 11, 2004, 05:08 AM
which scope, mount and rings would you recommend to someone who does not know much about scopes ?

ACP230
July 11, 2004, 09:02 AM
Weaver rings and bases work well on my 10/22.

I set my 10/22 up for a .22 rifle match involving lots of targets from 10 to 60 yards. I added a stainless .920 diameter target barrel, a laminated stock and an big mag release lever. I scoped it with a Bushnell 4-10 power. It is a good scope for what I did with the rifle. YMMV.

For hunting, a good four power scope might be fine. For benchrest shooting a higher power scope is almost necessary. I've been thinking of putting a 6-24 power Tasco.

Tommy Vercetti
July 11, 2004, 09:23 AM
I should have pointed out that I don't hunt alot anymore..I shoot paper

Shamus
July 11, 2004, 10:41 AM
Burris signature zee rings are the only way to go. Now as to the scope. It depends on how good your eyes are and how much you want to spend. Is the 10/22 a stock rifle or have you tweaked things for bench shooting?

I shoot mine off the bench only. I started with a Simmons 8-32X44AO scope and although it worked fine (Natchez sale $69) I wanted something of a bit higher quality but below the Leupold price. I went with a Sightron 36X.
Now I do have a bull barrel and Volquartsen trigger group as well as a custom stock.

I guess it all depends on your budget and how accurate you want it to be.