PDA

View Full Version : How To Remove Slide on Jennings .380

SixthSphere
June 13, 2004, 02:08 PM
Hello there, I recently purchased a used Jennings .380

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the slide on the top of the gun...

I tried with safety on, safety off, trigger pulled, trigger not pulled

I'm going to lose my mind if I don't get this bugger off

Please help me remove the slide before I hit it with a cinderblock, thanks

joab
June 13, 2004, 03:50 PM
I'm not familiar with Jennings but I had a Raven years ago. Is there a small "button" at the rear of the slide that's flush with the slide? If so depress that to release the slide

Apple a Day
June 13, 2004, 03:56 PM
I bought a little J-22 years ago for laughs. I think they disassemble the same way, but I could be wrong. Try this:
Look on the rear of the slide. When you rack the slide a little red button pops up as an indicator that the gun is cocked, yes? Around that little button is a sort of "collar" that stays inwards. That "collar" is part of the catch which holds the slide on.
Clear the chamber and pull the trigger, decocking the gun. Use the blunt end of a pen or pencil to push in the collar. Lift the back of the slide up and then allow it to go forwards off the end of the barrel, free of the frame. You may have to pull the slide back a smidgen before it will come loose and you can lift it.
Good luck

joab
June 13, 2004, 04:39 PM
Yep same system

action barbi
June 14, 2004, 12:12 AM
The way I hear it, the cinderblock isn't a bad idea.
;)

cheers, ab

seeker_two
June 14, 2004, 05:11 AM
Shoot it enough, & it'll come apart on its own... ;)

Actually, I owned one in .380. Decent little gun. Would only reliably feed Hydra-Shoks. Jammed on ball constantly. And I never could get used to carrying it Condition 1... :eek:

Apple a Day has the instructions right. Be careful when reassembling, & don't leave too much oil on the sear. The results could be ....."interesting"... :D