PDA

View Full Version : Right handed shooter...

TimH
December 23, 2002, 06:59 PM
which eye usually ends up looking through the sites? Went target shooting over the weekend with my son. First time I shot a rifle in God knows how long. I noticed that I shoot right handed but use my left eye for sighting the target. Some how it just didn't"feel" right. Am I messed up or what?

Steve Smith
December 23, 2002, 07:06 PM
If you're left eye dominant, you might as well switch...you'll shoot better in the long run.

Onslaught
December 24, 2002, 04:27 PM
I still don't get the "dominant eye" thing. My eye doctor has told me several times that I am "severely" right eye dominant, but I am left handed. I've been shooting all my life, and I was instructed very early on that I was using the wrong eye to sight with. My eye doctor still swears it's the right eye, but I instinctively use the left eye when shooting.

iwovet
December 24, 2002, 05:08 PM
Boy was your question appropriate concerning a problem I have with the left eye and right eye. Was afraid to post a question regarding this subject. I have just been told I have macular degeneration with my dominant right eye. If anyone has any suggestions on using the left eye with scoped rifles, I would be very appreciative. I find it impossible to shoot lefty, and have been not having no luck stretching to line my left eye with the scope. With my AR-15 it is flat out impossible- with my 03-A3 I can do a little better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Chuck

TimH
December 24, 2002, 10:42 PM
Gee and I thought I was alone with this problem. The few times I been to a gun shop to look at guns I get odd looks when I pull the rifle up and lean over the stock to "sight " with my left eye.