PDA

View Full Version : Colorado First Annual Paririe Dog Fishing Tourny

labgrade
December 22, 2002, 02:23 AM
Yes, it's serious.

Yes, It'll be a hoot.

Details at:

Free Republic (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/809914/posts?page=14)

Just at a party this evening with Tom (fivetoes) & our lines have been drawn.

Easy enough drive from Boulder & sure to draw major song-singers from kum-ba-ya to krishna-hari-krishna - could possibly rival Dan's Bake Sale & the protests at Rocky Flats - all in one fun-packed day of festivities.

Film at 11.

C.R.Sam
December 22, 2002, 03:35 AM
Don't have to have ocean access to use the surf castin rig.
Even tho it is not new....should give PETA fits.

Sam

labgrade
December 22, 2002, 03:54 AM
Dear Sam. ;)

Figure a PD weighs out at what? a "magical" pound? Two?

Compute "scrabble factor" X traction in dust = 8 pound SpiderWire max. ;)

80 nooses tripped across PD holes & very patient folk w/binocs to "make a point," (besides the TV-factor) = a hearty good time.

There's a twist though.

Like I said. May rival Dan's Bake Sale .....

Film at 11.

Art Eatman
December 22, 2002, 08:58 AM
Eight-pound test would certainly be sporting, old chap. Def'nitely! Same problem as bas-fishing, though. It's not the weight of the PD, it's the possiblity of cutting the line on sharp objects between doggerman and dog.

The good part about the deal is that if a Pitiful PETA Person shows up, you can reel in a real, live PD and present it to that PPP. And, complete with adoption papers, as does the BLM with its burros.

The BLM provides a complete burro. You can give a dog to a burro's rear end!

:D, Art

gordo b.
December 22, 2002, 12:22 PM
I'll keep using a Rodex 4000. I know a rancher who goes coyote fishing with big meat baited treble hook on wire 30 inches off ground. This grosses even me out!:barf:

HSMITH
December 22, 2002, 01:27 PM
I have fished for dogs, and believe me when I tell you that 15 pound test is the absolute minimum, with 30 being lots better.

What a great way to enjoy the sun and a couple beverages!!!!!! It is more fun than you can imagine!!

C.R.Sam
December 22, 2002, 01:36 PM
P Dogs and rats have a lot in common....

Good pets.
Plentifull.
Social.
Smart
Pests in the wild.
Good sport.
Good eatin.

Sam

TaxPhd
December 23, 2002, 12:00 PM
While FISHING is not specifically mentioned, HUNTING Black Tails east of I-25 is prohibited in Colorado. Don't know if this would get you cross-wise with the DOW.

Greybeard
December 23, 2002, 12:33 PM
' Had a guy in hunter ed. class a month or so back whose preference was 50 pound test line - for motivatin' dogs that refuse to resurface ... ' Said is was often tougher than boatin' a big striper ... :D

fivetoes
December 23, 2002, 02:33 PM
Here is a link to the actual web site

Prairie Dog Fishing Tournament (http://www.freedomnet.cnchost.com/pdf/pdft.htm)

http://www.freedomnet.cnchost.com/pdf/graphics/pdft.gif

http://www.freedomnet.cnchost.com/pdf/graphics/mainpic.jpg

Hope to see you all there. We will disclose the exact location as the time for the event gets closer.:)

dZ
December 23, 2002, 02:47 PM
the use of spiderwire could result in bifurcation of the pdog

bbrins
December 23, 2002, 05:59 PM
I think I'm gonna have to postpone my trip to Loveland, Colorado till April now. I'll have to see if I can find my tacklebox.

Art Eatman
December 23, 2002, 11:33 PM
Have seen a few prairie dog towns. Looking at mounds like the one pictured, I guess you can see why some folks think of them as furry fire ants.

:), Art

labgrade
December 24, 2002, 01:57 AM
"While FISHING is not specifically mentioned, HUNTING Black Tails east of I-25 is prohibited in Colorado. Don't know if this would get you cross-wise with the DOW."

TaxPhd,

Actually, The Rub may lay in "harrassing wildlife." There is a clause in the DOW regs.

We've bandied that about some & causes no nevermind.

"The Twist" is in the details - like I said.

Anyone in the local area, please do download Tom's flyer & post - especially in the Boulder area. We'd want maximum penetration for this event. Print out a couple hundred & stuff on Boulder windshields .....

Lots of players, lots of media coverage. Make it an all-out "all players" event. The more the merrier.

bbrins, drop an e-mail.

Wanna stick it in their eye? Let's Roll is a fave.

I'd say, "Let's PLay!"

Preacherman
December 24, 2002, 12:34 PM
Lab, don't forget to post this on THR as well! :D

fivetoes
May 18, 2004, 08:56 PM
I remember Al and I and a few others bustin a gut talking about this at the Bill of Rights Day. It became a web page that really ticks the PETA folks off.

Labgrade and I had so many good times dreaming stuff up like this. I sure miss him.