PDA

View Full Version : Spanish SxS

stinger
December 15, 2002, 10:31 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any info on a Spanish shotgun.

I recently came across one at my father's house. He didn't have much to offer.

It is a vent-ribbed, sxs. Made by Felix Sarasque Ia y Cia?
Imported by The Spesco Corporation Atlanta, Georgia.

Thanks,

Stinger

Harley Nolden
December 16, 2002, 05:19 AM
Don't have anything by Felix, but have this information on Victor.

HJN

Dave McC
December 16, 2002, 05:41 AM
Spanish doubles vary in quality from absolute junk to gems equal to the best of the Brits. The last is understood, the Brit guns are what the Spaniards copy. Most fall into the middle range, and are serviceable, and often pretty tools. The Spanish curse, soft internal parts, mean these are best for occasional shooting, not hard core competition. Newer Spanish shotguns are better tempered/heat treated for the most part.

As with all older shotguns, a checkout by a qualified smith is mandatory before firing.

HTH...

PJR
December 16, 2002, 07:37 AM
Victor Sarasqueta was one of the dominant Spanish gunmakers until it went out of business in the early 80's. During its heyday, Sarasqueta and AyA were the two biggest companies.

As a result there were other members of the Sarasqueta family that made guns attempting to cash in on the family name. Felix is the most common although there was a J.J. Sarasqueta and subsequently a company called the "Sons and Widow of J.J. Sarasqueta.

It's probably a serviceable gun but not a hidden treasure.

Paul

C.R.Sam
December 16, 2002, 11:34 AM
And any replacement part will probably have to be hand fitted to that particular gun. Hence, they can be very expensive to repair.

Sam

stinger
December 16, 2002, 11:10 PM
Thanks guys,

I knew it couldn't be too good to be true, or it wouldn't have been left behind by another relative.

I had just never heard of this particular brand.

Thanks,

Stinger

Pags523
September 17, 2004, 09:19 AM
I recently purchased a Felix Sarasketa (Sarasqueta) 20 ga. O/U and been
unable to obtain any information about the gun. The markings are faint
and don't indicate a model name or number. The Blue Book of Gun Values
has only one model of F. Sarasqueta and its not mine. It has a double
trigger, 28 in separated barrels, with checkered wood on both the stock
and fore stock. It has some simple scrolling on the receiver and has
fixed chokes. The barrels are marked ** and **** which indicates the
choke size. However, I can only find American and Italian choke codes.
I would greatly appreciate any information or assistance you can provide.
Thank you in advance for your consideration and help

PJR
September 17, 2004, 12:01 PM
Your chokes are IC and Modified. The IC should be on the bottom.

In addition to the various proofmarks there should be a letter code somewhere on the action that indicates the year the gun was proofed. For a full review of the proof, maker and date marks try this link:

http://personales.jet.es/rafa/b_punzones.html

Pags523
September 18, 2004, 04:48 PM
I wish to thank you for your help. I have the following additional information on the O/U can anyone decipher these:

Upper Barrel-Right Side
L. MORENO-MIAMI FLA
1100 Kp/cm2

Upper Barrel-Left Side
FELIX SARASKETA y CIA EIBAR-SPAIN
-FA-D ** 15,8

Lower Barrel-Right Side
1100 Kp/cm2

Lower Barrel-Left Side
-FA-D ****
14009 ''' US 15,8

Water Table Marks
L 1931
F.S.C. 20-76
CAI ST.A. VT.

I know that the F.S.C. is the Felix Sarasketa proof mark, that the importer was L.Moreno in FL. And that 20-76 means it?s a 20 ga., with a 3" or 76mm chamber. Also the 1100 Kp/cm2 is the maximum pressure for the barrels. Thanks to other members I know that the barrels are IM and IC. Once again thanks in advance for you help.
Nick

PJR
September 19, 2004, 04:56 PM
Ooops my mistake. The ** is Improved Modified not Modified as I posted previously.

Here's what I can make of the other markings.
L. MORENO-MIAMI FLA The importer. This means it came into the USA after the passing of the 1968 Gun Control Act.

15,8 Bore dimensions in millimeters

VT Not sure. Look closely. Is it possible the "T" is actually a "1"? If so, it's a mark indicating 1977 as the year of proof.

L 1931 Not sure. Possibly the serial number?

chucknacl
December 14, 2005, 02:54 PM
I am trying to find out some info about a gun I found at my uncle's house. Best I can tell it is a Felix Sarasqueta. It is a .410 sxs with double hammers. I have never seen a gun like this. It looks to be at least 50 yrs. old, but I don't know. Has anyone ever seen, or heard of such a gun? If so, what is the value of it, ballpark?