PDA

View Full Version : Today was a good day!

.45FMJoe
December 8, 2002, 09:56 PM
I bought my first 1911! Well, technically, I bought my first gun. Only been 21 for a month and a half or so. That makes my count 6 guns, 3 handguns and 3 shotguns. The others were given to me by my father :) I'm still reeling over the excitement of my 1911 purchase. I can't wait until Thursday when I can pick it up.:)

Oh yeah, the guy gave it to me for $450. :D :D :D

.45FMJoe
December 8, 2002, 10:01 PM
Bradn new Colt 1991-A1 (older rollmark)

hehe

Waitone
December 8, 2002, 10:02 PM
Welcome to TFL!

What are the details on your new 1911?

.45FMJoe
December 8, 2002, 10:12 PM
Well right now its just a new in the box Colt. I plan on giving it some Wilson Combat reliability parts (their indestructable line or whatever it's called). Throwing some Black cocobola grips and an aluminum trigger to round it off. I might decide to put some night sights on it later. But for now I'm just happy with what I've got!! :)

Blue Duck357
December 8, 2002, 11:19 PM
Congrats on the gun, I've had two 1991A1's (both older rollmark guns) both functioned perfectly and were acceptable accurate. Only problem I had was that they both shot rather high. *Heard* they were regulated 50 yards from the factory instead of 25 or 15. No idea if thats true or why it would be though:confused:

Just a suggestion if you have not started reloading yet get into it. One of my main regrets of handgunning was putting off reloading so long (each time to buy another gun). When I finally got set up I realized the folly of my way ;)

.45FMJoe
December 8, 2002, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the tip, I'll do some research. I was extreemly impressed with this gun, having never actually handled a 1911 before. I like it soo much better than my PT-945 (No offense to the gun, it has never failed even with crappy range reloads through it). I just have an un natural obsession with 1911's. I handled quite a few at the gunshow, but always wanted a Colt. The quality difference between it and the knock offs was unreal. The Norinco felt like such a P.O.S. in comparison. I have no testing to say the Norinco or any of the non-Colts are pieces of crap, but the Colt just felt better in my hands. I have kinda big hands, and it felt so natural. The slide was a bitch to pull back and release, the safety was hard to snap, the trigger pull was light, it just felt perfect to me. As you can see by my rambling, I'm really happy and excited. I can't wait to hit the range on Thursday. :D

blades67
December 8, 2002, 11:38 PM
Welcome to TFL!:)

The Norinco felt like such a P.O.S. in comparison. I have no testing to say the Norinco or any of the non-Colts are pieces of crap, but the Colt just felt better in my hands.

That was only true because you just wanted a Colt. The Norinco is the same gun your Colt is except for the roll marks.

.45FMJoe
December 9, 2002, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I have a feeling it's just one of those subconcious (sp?) things. Like I said, I have no testing to prove my claim, I just liked the Colt better. It doesn't help the first handgun I ever shot was the old .38 official police. I guess I'm just a Colt-for-life guy. First impressions last forever, eh?

blades67
December 9, 2002, 12:03 AM
First impressions last forever, eh?

They can, but they don't have too.;) :D