PDA

View Full Version : Special Weapons LLC

LBC
December 7, 2002, 10:28 AM
Forgive me if I'm pulling up the rear on this news, but...

Special Weapons LLC, maker of that dandy HK94 clone, is closing its doors Dec. 31, according to its Web site, www.specialweaponsllc.com.

A new company, Special Weapons Inc., is supposed to handle all warranty work from now on.

What happened? Is Todd pulling the plug? Or is this just some paperwork shuffle?

hdm25
December 7, 2002, 12:36 PM
I was under the impression that warranty work was hit-or-miss, anyway. I wonder how good it will be with a successor business? I was tempted on many occasions to buy a Special Weapons product or other but QC seemed to be hit-or-miss (some people raved about how good their stuff was, others raved about how bad it was) and I heard terrible things about customer service (though, again, some people spoke well of it). Consistent good quality and treatment of customers is what makes a business, though, and Special Weapons, LLC just didn't/doesn't have it. They had a bunch of potential, though. I heard a rumor that they were stopping production of stuff for the US market and were going to concentrate on foreign sales, though. Maybe this is what is happening.

jadams951
December 7, 2002, 02:48 PM
The truth is that Toad Bailey is part of the investors that have bought H&K and now he is going to learn from real gun makers how to make a gun that works.

Destructo6
December 7, 2002, 03:12 PM
Sounds more like a re-org than closing shope entirely. Maybe to dodge some lawsuits?

The truth is that Toad Bailey is part of the investors that have bought H&K and now he is going to learn from real gun makers how to make a gun that works.
Where'd you hear that? HK was purchased by a German detergent manufacturer, Luhns.

Or were you being facetious? (hard to get across in text).

hksigwalther
December 7, 2002, 05:54 PM
Uh D, I think jadams was joking. Really.

jadams951
December 8, 2002, 01:28 PM
Yes...I was joking! I was being a smart alec!