PDA

View Full Version : SKS Choate synthetic stocks?

ED CHAVEZ
May 28, 2000, 04:19 PM
Anyone tried their stocks. How well do they withstand abuse: accidental drops, overheating? :)

------------------
"They may kill me, but there will always be more like me". -EDA

They told me,"throw down your guns, return to the earth...HAH! time enough for the earth in the grave". -EDA

"Giving up is not in my vocabulary". -EDA

"Do not fear the governments, that fears you". -EDA

Jamie Young
May 29, 2000, 01:09 AM
I put one on one of SKS's and i loved it. It made the gun fit me better than the short original stock. I don't know what kind of wood SKS rifles are made of but its really soft and feels almost like Cedar. The only thing i didn't like about it was its stinks like hell when you heat up the barrel and the stock starts to melt.

------------------

ED CHAVEZ
May 29, 2000, 12:20 PM
So it is good for target shooting, but ain't good for rock n' roll. CRUD! I melted alot of synthetic stocks, event the red fibergalss one. I guess there is no high quality withstands all abuse sybthetic stock in the market, today. Unless you have it made and bedded with aluminum. But how much would that cost$$$$$. I guess I'll stick with the woodstock and add a buttpad onto it. Anyways thanks for the warning. Later :)

------------------
"They may kill me, but there will always be more like me". -EDA

They told me,"throw down your guns, return to the earth...HAH! time enough for the earth in the grave". -EDA

"Giving up is not in my vocabulary". -EDA

"Do not fear the governments, that fears you". -EDA