PDA

View Full Version : Russian 308

jetrecbn1
May 24, 2000, 06:59 PM
Have you guys seen this Russian 308 advertised by Classic Arms in SGN for $300? Deal seems pretty good considering what you get for that low price. Feedback appreciated.

dZ
May 24, 2000, 09:21 PM
the saiga is an ok AK...

here is a review: http://club.guns.ru/eng/sig308.htm

HTH
doc Zox

bergie
May 24, 2000, 09:31 PM
Which one? The last ads I saw had a Saiga (AK type action) and the Los-7 bolt action for that price. If you are talking about the bolt action, - free-floated, pillar bedded, 2 5 rd mags, iron sights and scope rings and a hard case, it sounds good, but personally I would definitely want to see one before I put out the money. I did read a review of it somewhere several months ago, they said it did shoot pretty good. For not very much more ( esp. after adding in shipping, tax, and any fee your ffl charges) you can get one of several American made rifles. A Savage package deal with a sling, and a 3-9x32 scope would probably be about the same money at your local Wallymart, and I know Savage rifles shoot. I also would know who and how to contact them if there was any problem.
If you are talking about the Saiga, the AK action is in one word, dependable. Haven't heard a thing about how these shoot, but I don't know of any other semi-auto .308 for the price.
I hate to be a wet blanket, so go for it, then post a review here! ;)
bergie

jetrecbn1
May 24, 2000, 09:56 PM
I was talking about the bolt action rifle. Have not really looked into rifles since I live in San Diego there are not many places to shoot rifles. The only places are far away and the indoor ones are 25 yards so there isn't much need for me. About to move with the Army so looking to get a basic plinking bolt action. Didn't know that Savage made such economical rifle packages.