PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Pull Weight of stock Norinco 1911

liketoshoot
November 29, 2002, 09:47 PM
I'm considering purchasing one of these .45's. Those who own one, can you tell me what the stock tirgger pull weight is? How's it feel - smooth/gritty?

Also, what is a good price for one these days? Thanks.

tonyz
November 30, 2002, 09:44 AM
I dont think your going to get a nice smooth light pull on the Norinco 1911. I could be wrong.
If its a good deal and its what you want Buy it. The trigger can always be lighten and smothed out, with a trigger Job.

Tony

Jimmy Mac
November 30, 2002, 10:13 AM
Most of these new have a terrible trigger. It is no problem to correct so don't let that stop you from buying the pistol.

These so called "Chinese Junks" have better metal in the parts than the high dollar Kimber in my opinion.

Jim V
November 30, 2002, 10:25 PM
OOB trigger pulls would be in the range of 6 - 7 1/2 pounds with over travel and slack. Just like the military issued pistols from 1912 on. ('12 being when the first real production reached the military).

Norincos are well made pistols using forgings and correct heat treatment. Any good pistol smith should be able to clean up the trigger pull using the factory hammer and sear.

OOB = Out Of Box

IIRC, I paid $325 for the last one I bought. When they were imported into the US the MSRP was $399.00.

One of the few nickled pistols imported would bring a higher price than a blued or Parkerized(tm) one.

Kahrma from Shooters
November 30, 2002, 10:38 PM
One of mine was about 6 1/2 the other 5lbs and crisp as hell! Now they are both 3lbs crisp with set screw.

Buy one for around $300 even LNIB (New was about $200+) In Canada right now they are about $270 Amercan.

If you get a trigger job, you might want to buy aftermarket parts like trigger w/Adjust, hammer sear beavertail. The McCormic parts are real cheap from CDNN or Natchez and a wilson "Drop in" will fit for the beavertail without grinding.

Or you'll have to do this! >>>>>>

NORICO'S ROCK