PDA

View Full Version : Savage model 10 or Tikka Master Sporter?

twoinchgroup52
May 14, 2000, 03:03 AM
Looking to get a 223 rem tackdriver for under $800. Narrowed it down to a Savage model 10 short action with a Choate stock or a Tikka Master Sporter. Right now I'm leaning toward the Tikka. What do you think??? Sincerely, Twonchgroup52.

ED CHAVEZ
May 14, 2000, 01:16 PM
Get the Savage 10FP. I did and it is an outstanding rifle for target shooting and varmit. I get groupings of .50"-1.00"@150yards. They have a steep trigger pull, but that could be changed-out. I did not change it because of warranty and safety reasons(had a close call before with a light trigger pull)and my SKS trigger pull is worst, I guess I have gotten used to it. And the stock ain't that bad, but it could be changed out to a choate synthetic stock.

------------------

Blackpaw2
May 14, 2000, 04:10 PM
hi there. Well, I am not looking at the Tikka Sporter Model, but I am hoping to order the Tikka Continental Model in a .223. I found the Tikka's have an incredible reputation, plus a good trigger. You are getting Sako quality, without the additional cost. My other choice is CZ, but want the heavier barrel of the Tikka.

WalterGAII
May 14, 2000, 10:05 PM
I'd definitely go with the Tikka. It has a free-floated barrel and fully adjustable, great trigger. You'll have to buy an aftermarket trigger for the Savage.

For under $800, you could have a Rem VS or VSSF and have a little left over towards a scope and mounts. My last 5-shot group from my VS .223 measured .246", center-to-center.