PDA

View Full Version : Which trigger - Timney or SharpShooters Supply?

Number 6
November 27, 2002, 01:28 PM
I want to upgrade the trigger in my 10 FP. Both Timney and Sharpshooters Supply make "drop-in" triggers for the gun. I have heard nothing about the Timney unit; the reports I have found for the SS unit suggest it works well, but is something less than "drop-in."

Any real-world experience with either unit out here?

Thanks

Art Eatman
November 27, 2002, 08:02 PM
I put a Timney in my Ruger 77 Mk II. There's a bit of grinding on the safety-bar, but otherwise it's a drop-in. (If you don't care about the safety, you can still just install and go shoot.) It took about three passes to get the safety-bar ground down to "just right". No biggie.

It's as good a trigger as the Rem 700. It's not quite as "breaking-glass" and slick as is a Canjar.

Art

Ledbetter
November 29, 2002, 02:26 PM
I put a Timney in my project 03A3 "Sporter." It breaks very crisply and lightly. I would buy another.

Remember to loctite the adj. screws in plce once you get the adjustment perfect. I hear purple is good for this, though I have only used blue.

Regards.

NANZANO
November 30, 2002, 01:07 PM
The Sharp Shooter Supply trigger is a drop in but depending on the particular rifle you could need a little filing on the trigger gaurd (I've been there and done that). Also, you'r only going to get about 1.5-2lbs maximum on the SSS trigger. Not bad for a bench gun, but probably a little too light for field use.

There is also another trigger made by Rifle Basix which is a drop in. This one requires no filing of the trigger guard and will get you 3.5lbs easy if you're going to use the rifle in the field.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Biathlonman
November 30, 2002, 03:42 PM
I bought a Timney a few months ago, and I would now not buy anything else. The folks there helped me out when I had trouble installing it and have been more then pleasent to deal with. Give them a try, you too will be impressed!

blackamos
November 30, 2002, 05:46 PM
I have a sharp shooter trigger in my Savage 110 fp and love it. I installed it in just under an hour and have had zero problems with it. It breaks at 3/4 of a pound and have no creep or over travel.