PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a kimber 84m in .308?

rathman
November 24, 2002, 10:50 PM
I've been looking for a good light weight .308 and am interested in the Kimber 84m. Any comments about this rifle or any other I should consider would be apreciated. Thanks

H&H,hunter
November 25, 2002, 07:39 PM
rathman,
I had an 84m on order for nearly a year. Thank god before I recieved mine I was able to play with two of them in field. They are unequivicable pieces of s***t.

Let me start with a brief discription, The action is rougher than 20 miles of dirt road. We had one that was giving light primer hits and misfiring and the other was slam firing on safety release. The saftey does not lock down the bolt and this was a real problem in the field.

The best part is that Kimber is entirely unwilling to fix or admitt that the rifle even has a problem they are total a-holes. I canceled my order post-haste and untill kimber works out their rather serious design problems with this rifle I won't own one.

Cowdogpete
November 25, 2002, 08:42 PM
and now for the other side.....

I have one in .308 and another in 22-250. I love them both. I had a busted firing pin in the 22-250 and customer service was a dream and fast also.

(look for my post on Kimber customer service)

I'll take another Kimber please.

I have found them to be great guns.

rathman
November 25, 2002, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the responces

H&H Hunter:
Ouch!!! When was this? Since you were on a waiting list, could this be a problem with early production models? I read a glowing review about the rifle but reviews are always with guns supplied by the manufactuer so I tend to lean more on owner's comments.

Dogcowpete:
Sounds like you got 2 good ones. When did you buy them? Maybe the bugs were worked out.

Thanks