PDA

View Full Version : 22 Pistols

Jamie Young
April 14, 2000, 07:54 PM
I want to get a 22LR pistol and i can't decide whether its risky getting a semi 22 or if its better getting a revolver. I just want the gun for plinking and for bringing girls or my nephew to a range. And my .45 costs too much to shoot every week. I had a friend that just could never buy anything but 22LR semi auto guns and they always seemed to jam up on him at some point. He never got the RUger 10/22 i know that has a good reputation. My real question is.....

Are the 22LR Revolvers more reliable than the Semi-Auto pistols in general?
And has anyone every owned a 22LR revolver that could be interchangable with the 22 Magnum round? Thats what I really want

Southla1
April 14, 2000, 08:09 PM
The revolver as a general rule is a little less prone to malfunction than a good 22 Semi. Now a cheap 22 semi will jam more than a good one. This is true with any 22 semi be it pistol or rifle, but if you get a good one and feed it good ammo the malfunctions are few and far between. The Ruger "Single Six" has an interchangable cylinder allowing the use of either .22 LR or .22 WMR.

------------------
Carlyle

Schmit
April 14, 2000, 08:20 PM
Now I'm confused. Wait.. let me check, be right back.........................
...................................................................... Yep. Just as I though. This is in the wrong Forum. The correct one really should be Handguns and Pistol. But, by the cybermajic vested in me, I can transform it to the proper forum, where allllll will be answered. :D

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

[This message has been edited by Schmit (edited April 14, 2000).]

HankL
April 14, 2000, 08:27 PM
Gunny, It's still HERE Tell him to get a Ruger Mark II or a Super Single Six. The pistola guys will have hime end up getting a ParaOrd something that he will really be hppy with!
Have fun SodaPop and welcome!
Hank