PDA

View Full Version : Ring and base interchangeability

Poodleshooter
November 6, 2002, 03:36 PM
I've found some good prices on one manufacturer's rings and another manufacturer's bases (Leupold "turn-in" style). Has anyone had fitting trouble when mixing brands of rings and bases? Is it worth the price difference?
Also, comments on relative price/quality of Burris, Leupold,Redfield or Millet bases and rings would be welcome. I'm looking at Leupold or dual dovetail only, not Weaver style.
thanks!

dakotasin
November 6, 2002, 04:15 PM
i've got the leupold turn-ins on a couple of my rifles... until i read this post i forgot about them. i guess that is the mark of a quality set up?

Omaha-BeenGlockin
November 6, 2002, 05:25 PM
I would stick with the dual-dovetail----the windage adjustable system is a joke---all the work is being done by one ring and if you actually have to use the windage adjustment you've got even bigger problems with your rifle or scope---they were usefull in the old days because of the poor quality of the scopes then---but worthless these days.

Out of those you listed---the Millet rings seem to be pretty junky----the rest should be OK and interchange with each other.

Ledbetter
November 6, 2002, 06:44 PM
I went with the Burris signature dual dovetail set up on my PSS and I'm glad I did. Rock solid.

Regards.

Swamp Yankee
November 6, 2002, 07:47 PM
I can't say enough good things about the Burris Signature series of rings.

They're a little more money, but I really like the plastic inserts that take a lot of stress off the scope tube. I've used them successfully with Leupold, and Burris, turn in style mounts.
I even installed the Burris Signatures on a 25 year old Redfield one piece mount. No problems, no issues, no worries.
Take Care

Gewehr98
November 6, 2002, 11:14 PM
I use them on several of my 500-1000 yard rifles, as well as others with M1913 Picatinny rails. They're less expensive than GG&G, Conetrol, Badger Ordnance, Leupold M-series, and the like, but the Millett Angle-Locs are definitely a solid steel alternative to alloy Weaver-style rings.