PDA

View Full Version : ADL vs. BDL

TEX CHL
March 20, 2000, 08:29 PM
I have a fellow offering me a 700 ADL at what I consider to be a reasonable price. My interest is in punching holes in paper at several hundred yards and this rifle is chambered in .308. Can anyone provide some benefits/comparisons between the BDL and the ADL. For a given price, which is better and why? Thanks

------------------
GOA Lifer / NRA / SAF / GSSF / TEX CHL / NSRA Lifer / AMA / Republican Lifer

gunmart
March 20, 2000, 08:40 PM
adl stocks are more ridgid and therfore will generally be mor accurate than the bdl/the advantage to the bdl is the ease of unloading.i have both and prefer the bdl

115+P
March 20, 2000, 08:50 PM
The ADL is a cheeper version it has a cheeper stock and has no floor plate under the action. for shooting at targets there will be no difference in the two. I have owned a ADL in 270 and now have the same gun in BDL there is a big diff. in qaulity. But the action is the same in both and they shoot the same size groups. I just like the idea of dropping all the ammo out of the gun at one time and not having to work the bolt on each round.
If you are getting a good deal buy it if it is just a fair deal try to find a BDL you will be glad you did ,down the road.
By the way bought my ADL at Kmart and my BDL at gunmart.

[This message has been edited by 115+P (edited March 20, 2000).]