PDA

View Full Version : AR Triggers

Halffast
March 9, 2000, 04:04 PM
Please help me! I bought a Bushmaster AR last weekend and I think I am addicted. I have already ordered a BM lower to build a target rifle. Is there an AA (AR Anonymous) for people like us? "Hello, my name is Halffast and I'm an AR-aholic." :rolleyes:

I want to put a good trigger in this rifle and wondered what you all might recomend. Is the Bushmaster two-stage competition trigger any good? Someone told me that Jewell is making an AR trigger for about $200. Are they worth the money? Is there a place I could buy one off of the net?

Please help me as one AR is no longer enough to satisfy my addiction. :eek:

Can you have too many AR's? :D

Halffast

------------------
"I say that big talk is worth doodly-squat." Granny Hawkins from the Outlaw Josey Wales

Bender
March 9, 2000, 04:41 PM
Halffast
For a target rifle, stick with the Jewell trigger. Two stage and infinitily adjustable. Price ~$180-200. The Bushmaster competition trigger is basically a Compass Lake design minus a part or two.

dZ
March 9, 2000, 05:02 PM
just remember complex 2 stage triggers are range gun add ons.

they will fail you.

KISS
;)

dZ

Nukem
March 9, 2000, 05:43 PM
For a bench or DCM gun the Jewell is the way to go, for any other use you can't beat the JP single stage. Loctite it when you set it up and it will always work.

I've got both.

Svt
March 9, 2000, 09:54 PM
Get a Jewell trigger. They are awesome!
You can get one here http://www.highpowerrifle.com/ and if you are unsure of yourself, Mike will install it for you at no additional charge.

gunmart
March 9, 2000, 10:48 PM
jewell is the way to go be sure to order the right size.small hole for milspec and large hole for bastard colts

4V50 Gary
March 10, 2000, 08:13 AM
Don't discount the Milazzo-Krieger trigger. It's the preferred trigger of the AMTU. Problem is the 1/2 year wait to get one though.