PDA

View Full Version : berreta's berreta's berreta's berreta's:)

archer215
October 24, 2002, 08:19 PM
i just got back from buying a used berreta 92 fs in the brunition ( i think thats what its called) finish and this thing really shoots i love it i still like the looks of my stainless berreta 92 better but this one shoots real good and feels soooo nice in the hand with the hogue rubber finger groove grips i think i got a fairly decent deal in the gun as i gave $450.00 for the gun 2 berreta usa 15 round mags and one berreta italy made mag with the flat bottom and a deep blue finish and 2 after market 15 round mags ( these look alot like my promags i had for my stainless but have witness holes ) i cant wait till saturday look out gun range:D

Foxy
October 24, 2002, 08:56 PM
Wow, you do sound excited! :)

Congrats on the purchase! I just bought myself a Beretta 92 Compact about three weeks ago, and I still bring it out of the safe nearly every day to fondle it! Very beautiful weapons, they are.

HKguy9
October 24, 2002, 09:48 PM
Should read: 'Berettas Berettas Berettas Berettas' ;)

I love mine too. My Elite II is my favorite gun, and cheapest out of everything i own.

MikeJ
October 24, 2002, 10:29 PM
Berettas are great. I just got a Cougar DAO in .40 to go with my DAO 9mm Centurion.

Musky Hunter
October 25, 2002, 02:26 AM
I just got mine tuesday, fired 200 rounds right away. :)

Everything went fine, except it shoots very low. :confused:

Some members said i have to get used to the trigger pull.

I just ordered some goodies for it too.:)

4 extra mags
1 15lb recoil spring
1 13 lb recoil spring
1 steel recoil guide rod
1 hammer/mainspring (16lb)

I want to see if the trigger improves with the new mainspring. I have been told the steel rod and xp recoil spring will add weight and aid in recoil/accuracy.:)

archer215
October 25, 2002, 07:34 AM
i was so excited in my post i just let my fingers do the talking :p
but i do love beretta's they are by far some of the smoothestr most reliable best feeling guns ive ever had in my hands:D and i was checking this one last nite i think it already has the dao mainspring in it the trigger pull is a whole lot lighter than my stainlesss 92 fs:D

HKguy9
October 25, 2002, 11:10 AM
You need carbon fiber grips.

http://www.skunkabilly.com/images/beretta_cf.jpg

archer215
October 25, 2002, 08:47 PM
those are some nice grips skunkabilly whered you get those and about how much do they run ?:D

Musky Hunter
October 25, 2002, 08:50 PM
are those grips thicker than the stock plastic ones?

have u ever seen LTT's burner grips? u got picture?

i am looking for some think grips for my beretta 92fs

blades67
October 25, 2002, 08:55 PM
They look like Carbon Creations grips and probably go for about $50 or so.

CAP1
October 25, 2002, 09:03 PM
Skunk, that is SWEET! Give us the details on the fit and finish.
Thanks.

HKguy9
October 26, 2002, 03:12 AM
They are Carbon Creations, by John Cato. He normally does 1911 grips and charges $80 or so for them, but these were $100. Expensive yes, I know. :D

The quality and look of the carbon fiber is much better than cheesy carbon fiber panels, like the ones on the Zippo. It reeks of quality.

They run a SKOSH thinner than the standard Beretta grips. That's goodnewsbadnews. Goodnews is it's a smidgeon thinner, but that's like a diet coke with a Big Mac. The Beretta still feels hefty, but the checkering is more aggressive than the standard grips but is by no means harsh like the Springfield Armory TRP or HK USPs.

John also makes them not checkered and blue (ugh) carbon fiber weave.

The BAD news is because it's a tiny bit thinner, the screws, when screwed in too tight will cause your magazines to not release. I probably have to grind a half millimeter or so off my grip screws.

I love 'em, and highly recommend them. IMO even if carbon fiber grips are cheap to produce and cost a crapload, that's irrelevant if the satisfaction you get out of it is priceless.

Highly recommended..

Another photo...with my pimpass elephant skin belt.

http://www.skunkabilly.com/images/beretta_rr.jpg

archer215
October 26, 2002, 09:29 PM
its only exspencive if you get no use from it and that is one dang nice looking gun i definatly want a brigadier or an elite 1 or 2 thanks for the info on the grips by the way nice pics:D

blades67
October 26, 2002, 09:37 PM
Carbon Creations does do some nice work.:cool:

Mustang6
October 27, 2002, 12:45 AM
I just bought a 92fs new, 9 days ago...I get to pick it up monday if the state police gave the ok. (got to love maryland) I was not aware that beretta switched to plastic guide rods...is this true? If so I guess I need to add one to the wolf spring order I was about to place.

Once again..those are some sweet grips. *THinking* Wonder if the lil lady will let me spend the extra 100 or so for some...heh prolly not!

Semper Fi!

archer215
October 27, 2002, 03:44 PM
just got in from the range today i love this gun its so much easier to shoot than my stainless 92fs this gun has the smoothest trigger of any of my double action guns and single action is smooth and crisp this gun may have had a trigger job i dont know for sure but man am i pleased:D out of 340 rounds(200 winchester fmj from wally world and 100 115 grain winchester white box from wally world and 40 rounds of federal hydra shoks) there were 2 malfunctions both from my cousin( he limpwrists real bad:rolleyes: he even makes glock's jam) it worked great for me i love the gun i need to get a good holster (holsters) for it but im going to be carrying this gun quite a bit:D

Mastrogiacomo
October 27, 2002, 04:22 PM
I have two 92FS compacts type M. I couldn't decide which I loved more so I bought one in Inox and another in Black. I take them out at least one a week to hold and admire the. I've been thinking a lot about the 84 Cheetah. I want to wait until I get the Class A which will allow me to buy the 13 round gun in nickle. Anybody own this? I'd be curious to hear how it shoots and what the recoil is like. :p

Mustang6
October 27, 2002, 05:22 PM
I emailed Carbon Creations about those grips..very nice...

Anyway I thought I would share it with you guys.
msg follows

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in our grips.

Our Beretta 92/96 style grips run $99.95 + $4.95 S/H.

Call me toll free at (888)757-4747 for availability and color selection.

Regards,

John