PDA

View Full Version : Stay away from my birds!

HerrJaegermeister
October 24, 2002, 12:53 PM
Here is my field bred English springer spaniel standing guard over a couple of roosters. His attitude that day was, "Hey, I covered five times the ground -- those are mine."

Anyone else here have photos of their hunting dogs? Don't even think of posting a photo of a cat!!!

Larry Ashcraft
October 24, 2002, 02:28 PM
Good looking dog. I had a female English field bred Springer, *Daisy Mae*. She lived to be 17 years old. Miss her. :(

TBAUS
October 24, 2002, 05:23 PM
Nice looking pictures. Like I said in a different thread recently, I used to have Springers myself. I love them. They are great dogs...

HSMITH
October 24, 2002, 09:33 PM
Here is my best hunting buddy with the results of a morning afield. Ducks were taken on a local lake, my two of 5 retrieved, they were all drake mallards BTW. The rooster is my limit for opening day, although she (my dog) put up 7 total for the day. I shot the first one, and we just hunted for fun for another hour. Out of the duckboat and into the pheasant field she never misses a beat, at 4 she is an old pro. Knock on wood, I have yet to lose a crippled duck that did not dive and never come up, and VERY rarely does a pheasant get by her. If the pheasant is crippled it is as good as in the pouch with this dog. This weekend duck opens back up after a week closure, and pheasants go to a two bird limit. We will be back out and hard at it!!

brownlow
October 25, 2002, 10:02 AM
Both nice looking dogs & birds. Good hutning.

WGBV