PDA

View Full Version : American Eagle ammo 9mm

newbie 9mm
October 20, 2002, 09:28 AM
Wow. What a difference! I was using other brands of 9mm to shoot with, then I went to this stuff. I love it! I was grouping at like 7" for 15 shots with the other stuff, and then i changed my grip on the gun slightly, and worked on more stuff and I got it down to a 3" group for 10 shots, which was really good for me. I was keeping most of the 10 shots in the black on a NRA slow fire pistol target, with some in the first white ring and I was happy. they I switched to Am eagle. wow. 14 shot group in 2.25". It had a group of 3 @ half an inch, and another group of 3 at .75". I had one flyer because i dipped the barrel, but the 14 shots were in one group just over 2"!! I did some more shooting and put 3 consecutive shots in a line in the NRA slow fire 50' pistol target in the 10 ring! All this was at 36' (12 yds) Now that I have my grip probs straightened out, and know i can get the nice groups, im gonna try the slightly cheaper ammo and see if I can get better groups now, but I like the american eagle stuff!

billcameron
October 20, 2002, 11:14 PM
Natchez sometimes has sales on american eagle. Link below.

http://www.natchezss.com/

Jamie Young
October 20, 2002, 11:25 PM
I use to shoot that stuff before I starting reloading. Its very good stuff. The 9mm is second to Winchester as far as energy, but its good stuff.

SGT405
October 21, 2002, 08:09 AM
Its all I use in 40 & 45. In fact it is what I carry in my TRS(230gr fmj). I like a round that has a cannelured case. The quality control by Federal is excellent too.

45Rookie
October 21, 2002, 05:38 PM
Ummmm the opposite side of the coin here. I used American Eagle once at a range because they didnt have any of the usual PMC left. I was shooting a nice Kimber Custom Classic 1911 pistol and I had a double charged round!!!!:mad:
1. Thank goodness it was a metal pistol in my hand.

2. The range master couldnt believe I had a double charge from the AE ammo thought I was using reloads till I showed him the box of ammo he sold me. I wish had at the time looked for the casing to see if it was damaged but at the time I was just a novice.
Well when it was all said and done, the Kimber went back for warranty. They werent able to field stip it!!! (Range Pistol under warranty). This was a very well taken cared of range gun. The guys there all seem to love their Kimbers.

3. Wont touch the American Eagle ammo anymore

4.I am not knocking AE this was just my experience.

Sierra
October 21, 2002, 06:00 PM
I have purchased 4 cases of American Eagle in 9mm (115 grain) and in .45 (230 grain) not one problem with any of it. Shoots fairly clean and is pretty accurate for range ammo. I prefer it over the Winchester white box. I have had some defective ammo with the Winchester white box 9mm.

I also shoot AE in .223 and have not had any ammo related problems with it either.