PDA

View Full Version : SIG Vs. hK

charels
October 18, 2002, 11:39 PM
don't worry fellas this ain't a poll. i was just reading the hk vs. sig thread here in the semiauto forum, and i noticed that a lot of people that picked the hk over the sig did so, because they felt that the hk was more "durable". what do they mean by that? are they referring to the finishes of the guns, or are they saying that if you hit the two guns with equal force with a hammer, the hk would be less likely to break? please clear it up for me. thanks for reading.

PeteyPete
October 18, 2002, 11:50 PM
From my experience, Sigs are every bit as durable as any H&Ks..both are fine pistols that will go bang every time the trigger is pulled. Personally, i prefer the ergonomics ofthe Sig though.

Greg Bell
October 19, 2002, 12:46 AM
Sig is more durable. HK's are damn durable too. Sigs are more reliable. HK's are damn reliable too. You can't go wrong with either.

charlesfmason
October 19, 2002, 01:07 AM
They might be referring to the reports in the past about SIG classic frames cracking.
However, there have been repeated reports of firing pin breakage with the USP series over the years, including new reports on HKPRO this week.
I own both brands and believe that all firearm models have weaknesses and strengths.
Charles

hksigwalther
October 19, 2002, 08:43 AM
Haven't had any problems with any of my HKs (yet). Frame did break on my first SIG P226 (Herndon). SIG replaced entire gun.

Crack was from rear portion of front right frame rail extending about 1.25"-1.50" forward along rail groove.

charels
October 19, 2002, 05:44 PM
i just got a p220st(stainless) and dropped a lot of cash in it, and i was just curious if i had dropped all that money for a fragile firearm. but in light of these posts, i will worry no more. thanks for reading.

Eric Larsen
October 20, 2002, 12:28 PM
I think is there was a comparison of these two makers...its sixes all the way across the board! It really comes down to buyer/shooter preference.

Both are as good as they get........next to Kahr and CZ. :rolleyes: :D

Had to do it.....

Shoot well

Ala Dan
October 21, 2002, 04:23 AM
Perhaps the H&K is more durable; but the H&K is also
larger in size. I realize this probably does not matter;
especially if CCW is not an issue; but I would choose
the Sig each and every time, based soely on
PERFORMANCE! Not to mention the Sig's quality
of craftsmanship, RELIABILITY, and out standing
ACCURACY. Or even the manufactuer's reputation!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

caz223
October 21, 2002, 06:28 AM
Of the two examples I have, I'd take the H&K over the sig, by the slimmest of margins.
Sig 2340 357SIG vs. USP compact .45
Durability is very, very good on both.
Trust my life to either.
The more I shoot them, the better they shoot.

Erik
October 21, 2002, 11:04 AM
Both are fine companies offering fine pistols.

That said, it will take a couple of decades of service for HK's current line of offerings to garner the reputation Sig's current has achieved.

But that's just my take on it, and there will be naysayers, which is fine.

Ridgeback
October 21, 2002, 09:09 PM
I have two HK's, USP Fullsize in 45 ACP and USP Fullsize in 40 S&W, both are very reliable and trouble free. The 40 has approx. 25,000 rounds thru it and the 45 has plus or minus 15,000. The 40 cal has been in my possesion for less than a year and is my primary IDPA gun. The 45 has beeen in my possesion for just over a year. Both have performed without one malfunction.

70-101
October 21, 2002, 09:57 PM
it's a matter of personal taste,thats why some people drive Fords and some drive Ferraris. And we all ready know, which one is the ferrari of Handguns don't we, Boys and Girls.....;)