PDA

View Full Version : Colt Delta Elite

Rival
October 18, 2002, 11:45 AM
I am considering getting one of those 10mm Delta Elite guns. Anybody here have experience with one? How much one should cost in never used condition?

RickB
October 18, 2002, 12:40 PM
I bought an unfired, early-ish production Delta Elite, about two years ago. I've put only 1500 rounds through it, but I am very pleased with it's performance. It seems to not be the least bit finicky about ammo; using five different mags, and handloads utililizing five different bullet weights in four different shapes, I've had two failures to feed and no other stoppages.
The trigger was decent out of the box, but I did change the sights, and install a Cominolli frame-saver guide rod. I like a 20# recoil spring, regardless of the load. I paid $700 for it. A buddy of mine got a very similar gun, also unfired, for the same price, last year.

stans
October 18, 2002, 12:56 PM
The Delta Elites were great guns, the only thing that you should replace immediately is that plastic recoil spring guide rod and dual springs. The early models had frames that were identical to the 45 ACP 1911's and would develop cracks in the frame rail just above the slide stop cut out. Colt's solution was to mill away this small portion ot the rail, thus solving the problem.

Brian Busch
October 18, 2002, 01:11 PM
Depends. Is it blue? Is it stainless? Is it an "E" model?

Blue: $700
Stainless: $800-$900
Enhanced Stainless: $900+

Seems like these are the going prices. Then you have the rarer ones, like Delta Gold Cups and Match 10s. Those NIB fetch well over a $1000

CastleBravo
October 18, 2002, 04:46 PM
Read about mine here:

http://www.geocities.com/mr_motorhead/delta.html

http://www.geocities.com/mr_motorhead/deltabcp.html

Bottom line, they are nice guns in a hot caliber. :cool:

9x19
October 19, 2002, 01:08 AM
Mine's an early stainless model, and I've had no problems with it.

It has a Smith & Alexander beavertail, a full length guide rod with a 20 lb recoil spring and shok-buff, plus a McCormick trigger, and Les Baer flat, serrated, main spring housing.