PDA

View Full Version : on the savage 10

handgunhunting
October 8, 2002, 09:29 PM
It looks like a lot of people love the savage 110 models, my next question is what scope should I put on it,? 3-9x40, 4-12x40, or a good fixed power in 10 or something like that?
[email protected]

Art Eatman
October 9, 2002, 12:34 AM
I couldn't begin to be helpful without having some idea of your choice of cartridge, as well as your intended use.

Target? Target competition? Open-country hunting? Mostly closer-than-200-yard hunting?

The majority of comments here at TFL for the last four years have been positive as to the accuracy of the Savage rifles...

Art

handgunhunting
October 9, 2002, 10:59 AM
I want to make the savage into a Simi tactical rifle (poor mans sniper rifle)

The cartridge of choice will be the 30-06. as for targets lets be real, most of the time it will be putting holes in paper, or I will be "snipering" deer or ground hogs and if ever really really needed maybe a 2 Legged animal

The conditions and range will very.

I was thinking about a good 4-12 x40 or (something close) but i was reading a post about a person asking a bout a tactical scope, some told him to look in to a scope 10x scope. this got me thinking now, the fewer moving parts the more accurate and reliable a scope will be (and less $$$$)

[email protected]