PDA

View Full Version : Good SW40 Comparisons "HELP"

Mav40
October 7, 2002, 04:57 PM
I own a SW40VE Sigma and over a period of time have found it to be a VERY frustrating gun all around and a VERY unreliable handgun. So I finally spent the time and money to do some comparisons at my local indoor range. After several jams with my Sigma, I rented a Sig2340pro and after shooting just 20 rounds, I new right away that my hunch was right, my first choice in a hand gun(Sigma) really set me back with my disposition regarding firearms in general. I have shot guns in the past but not seriously, so when I shot the Sig it was VERY refreshing.

Next I shot the Glock 23 and it performed well too. My Sigma being a Glock "Knock Off" can't even come close to the G23 as it was told to me by the sales person (chalk it off to ignorance, you live and you learn, ha:barf: ). Well, anyone out ther feel like sharing there wisdom? I will tell you this much, with the right gun
I am a natural, at 10 yards on the second clip of the sig I put 7 out of ten incide a 1/2 dollar circle grouping the rest were just geting adjusted to the gun. I never did that with the Sigma at any distance. I have done my share of research on many guns and certainly will not go into what I know here so as to not influence any postive input. I believe that anything repeated or that I have heard before is a good thing. I really want this next purchase to be as exact as possible for my needs.

1st. it will be a gun for home defense 2nd. practice will be fairly often at the range for sport and for improvement in my confidence and consitancy. 3rd. I will go plinking when oppurtunity arises. 4th I will not be carring on my person anytime soon, but would like to when my kid's get a bit older and my wife lets me.:) I have never shot a 1911 of any kind. I have shot a 357 revolver, a G19, a 22 Ruger, of course a pellet gun, a
G23, the Sig 2340Pro and a 22 rifle. I have some experience mostly with my Sigma SW40 which I have shot close to 2000 rouns over the last 2 years. It seems to me that this gun is VERY
sensitive to ammo and its muzzle flip SUCKS :barf: . This is so evident when you shoot it side by side with another gun that "ROCKS" If you like guns enough like I do, you make excuses to keep something untill you run out of excuses and you finally run into a wall with no changes.

Right now I am partial to the Sig 2340Pro; however I only shot 40 rounds or so at thge end of my day. At least I went out smiling and I finally got some answers:) . So here I am researching and asking for my fellow gun lovers to give me some personal experinces good and bad. I know that handgunning is very subjective and has a lot of variables, so this is why I would love
lots-o-feed-back. FYI, someday I see myself competitivly shooting.
I just want to be much less ignorant before I move forward toward that goal. Shoot straight and safe;) MAV40

Legionnaire
October 7, 2002, 07:24 PM
Mav40, you've come to the right place. Use the search function and you'll find lots of info about specific guns, including a number of threads on the Sigma. General opinion here, IIRC, is that the Sigma has more problems than most. Not true of all S&Ws, though. The 4013 has an excellent reputation. You'll find followings for Glock, Sig, HK, etc. Best bet is to search/ask about experience with a specific model.

IMHO, the .40 is a great caliber. My first was a 4013, and I've added a G23 and a G27 to the collection. All have been very reliable.

Welcome aboard!

Mav40
October 7, 2002, 08:52 PM
Thanks- Legionaire

I am headed into the family of Sig's and no doubt will end up with
a 40/357, just need to decide on which? I fell in love with the SP2340 PRO when I shot it the other day. It actually spoke to me.
When I sleep at night the wind blows I hear the Sig Pro wisper in my ear over and over "I am your protector, I will not fail you, when you need me most ". Thanks for the info...
:)