PDA

View Full Version : S&W made walther ppk/s any good?

starscream
October 6, 2002, 05:03 AM
I've heard these are good guns leaps and bounds over the interarms guns. Is this true? I did a search here and the few things I found on them indicate that they are very good guns. But if anyone here acturaly owns one let me know how it is? I want to buy one for concealed carry My brother has a german made pre 1946 model i think it is. So it seems like a great ccw gun but he ain't gonna let me carry this one :( And I hear the interarms guns are crap so any help w/ this would be great. Thanks guys

Southern Raider
October 6, 2002, 06:30 PM
I can't help you on the S&W, but I can tell you that many manufacturers go through cyclical QC issues. Colt is an excellent example of one that is still in business, Interarms is one that isn't. I'm sure the S&W guns will be the same way.

There are many people with functional Interams PPKs, such as myself, and there are some very vocal people who got lemons.

Kentucky Rifle
October 7, 2002, 09:17 AM
I looked at a S&W PPK at the last Louisville gun show. Although I didn't have an "Interarms" model to do a side by side comparison, it did seem that the S&W model had those sharp edges smoothed off a bit. Could have been wishful thinking on my part, though.

KR