PDA

View Full Version : Sako 75 Varmit vs. Remington 700VS

JKnight
January 19, 2000, 09:02 AM
Anyone have any comments on the Sako 75 Varmit? Is it as acurate as the Remington? Is it as strong as the Remington?

NJW
January 19, 2000, 01:01 PM
I have a Sako varmint in 6 PPC and it is an awesome shooter. Since I am more of a handgun shooter, it shoots beter than I can.
I also have a few Rem heavy barrels that shoot great also. If it was up to me I would go with the Sako but there is nothing wrong with the Remington's either.

NJW in AZ

Ankeny
January 20, 2000, 12:37 AM
I like the older two lug Sako actions. I have heard a lot of complaining about the new 75 action, but I am not sure why the guys are complaining. Could be just because it is new. I managed to buy a 700VS a couple of weeks ago that had the holes drilled and tapped off center and crooked in the receiver. In visiting with the guys in the Remington repair centers they tell me they are seeing quite a few rifles that need repairs but none as serious as mine. They also tell me the lowest return rate in on Winchesters. Don't know if that helps.

NJW
January 20, 2000, 01:03 AM
Ankeny,
The Sakos I have are the older models which I prefer. that is why I didn't comment directly on the newer Sako 75.

NJW