PDA

View Full Version : Ruger carbine rifles

Arachnid
January 16, 2000, 10:08 AM
I was curious if anyone in this forum has ever owned or used one of Ruger's carbine rifles, the models PC9/4.I am thinking of buying one of these carbines in the near future, and was hoping to get some viewpoints from others who have owned or used one of these carbines.

LOCHFAL
January 16, 2000, 08:06 PM
I fired about 60 rds through one at the range once. I like it, if someone would convert the darn thing to take glock mags I'd snatch one up in a hurry.

Cat
January 17, 2000, 01:14 AM
Arachnid,
I have owned a PC9 for a couple of few years now and really like the carbine. I have used it in competition and it has been very reliable as long as I clean it every 500 rounds or so. It has some basic sights and I wish I had the newer ghost ring sights that are available now. I put a Weaver 1-3X scope on it and that is a real good combination for me.
The only bad thing I have heard from reading these boards-It seems like a lot of them have had very hard trigger pull problems. Mine doesn't. My screw that holds the action in the stock keeps backing out no matter how tight I screw it in. I have tried several different lock washers to no avail. Maybe Lock Tight.

Neil Casper