PDA

View Full Version : Guns that wife does not know you own?

Greybeard
September 27, 2002, 09:17 PM
The current "Am I the only one that does this?" thread has so many comments related to "the wife", I'll go ahead and post the question:

"How many guns do you ALREADY have that your wife (not to discriminate: or "spouse") does not know you own?

OK, I'll be the first to go. Two, (I think. ). It was three (I think. ) Recently traded one that she will remember (an AMT .380 POS) and a Rossi revolver (no "need to know") for a new Beretta 21A. More "no need to know info." is the beating I took on the deal ...

When she does get around to noticing the new Beretta BUG coming off the ankle, it should be no biggie since she knew about the AMT and will be in agreement about dumping it. But ... the Remington 700 could be another story . "Oh yea, I've had that a LOOONG time (which is true). I got it to replace the 30/06 my brother beat me out of ... You remember it, don't ya? "

And yours???

gunnoob
September 27, 2002, 09:20 PM
No wife but my family doesn't even know I'm a gun owner. :D

Standing Wolf
September 27, 2002, 09:44 PM
If my ex-wife knew how many guns I have, she'd laugh herself silly--and congratulate herself, too, I'm sure.

bad_dad_brad
September 27, 2002, 09:51 PM
The only two guns of many that my dear departed wife knew about were my Kahr MK9 and an old 12 gauge Deerfield duck shotgun. She did not approve of my hobby but was on occasion relieved that I was armed. Mostly I think she didn't like the fact that I spent money on something other than for her. Women . . . God love em, they are jealous of everything!

Dave R
September 27, 2002, 10:04 PM
None. She knows about 'em all. "Full disclosure" is a good policy in marriage.

stinger
September 27, 2002, 11:15 PM
"Full disclosure" is a good policy in marriage.

Yup.

Might as well let them know before hand. Some say that it is easier to beg forgivness than ask permission. I guess those haven't met my wife :)

I just ask, and ask, and ask, and ask, etc, until she gives in. It is not that she doesn't approve of my hobby, but those darn guns are expensive, afterall. I think ALL of my gun purchases through, and she knows that it I am not buying on a whim.

Stinger

Zundfolge
September 27, 2002, 11:26 PM
My wife knows about all my guns ... but she doesn't know how much I spent on them.

She thinks I got my Makarov for $65 (Caliban got all excited when she said thats what I paid for it at dinner the other night ... I actually paid $130) She also thinks I got my Kahr MK40 in trade for building a web page for some guys... that's half true because I used the money I made to buy the gun.

She does know how much I spent on my Steyr M40 ... but at the time things weren't all that tight and I explained that I had been saving for a long time.

She also has no idea how much ammo I have or how much I've spent on it (I've left her with the impression that the PMC 165gr .40 in my range bag is about $8 a box).

Steve Smith
September 27, 2002, 11:33 PM
Shame on you...I'm gonna tell her next time I see her!

Zundfolge
September 27, 2002, 11:48 PM
Shame on you...I'm gonna tell her next time I see her!

:eek:

Mike Irwin
September 27, 2002, 11:56 PM
No wife, no problem.

If I ever get married again, I really don't care if my wife knows what I own or not.

No4Mk1
September 27, 2002, 11:56 PM
Guns?

What guns?

I don't know what you are talking about........:rolleyes:

karstho
September 28, 2002, 12:06 AM
I'm proud to say that I have recently fully disclosed the number of guns I have to my wife so I can sleep a little better..:D

Although I may have fudged a little on HOW I got them, WHERE I got them, and HOW MUCH I actually paid for them...........;) :p

DadOfThree
September 28, 2002, 12:47 AM
I don't have any that I have hidden from my wife. On the other hand if you asked her how many I had, she wouldn't have any idea. It's my thing not hers. She is not an anti, she's just not interested :).

loknload
September 28, 2002, 05:12 AM
How many does my wife not know about?..... Need to know basis and she doesn't need to know ;)

In all honesty, she knows some but not all :)

cowboy1
September 28, 2002, 05:32 AM
My wife knows about all of mine, after all I am buying them for her and she lets me use them when ever I want. Sometimes I must admit that I think she would like something different once in a while, so I buy her ammo and loaders, sometimes tools on very special occations.

Greybeard
September 28, 2002, 06:12 AM
Whoa, Zund! Ya put me on a guilt trip - for about 2 seconds. Unlike some, I use 'em in one of 3 jobs and some are expensed just like tools, which they are.

And darn, Stinger, your mention of the Makarov reminded me of Mak #2 that I had forgotten ... "only" $160 in it ... initially ... :rolleyes: The last time I heard the "Forgiveness is easier to get than permission" thing was when an "ex-Marine" neighbor waited to take his CHL class until his wife was out of the country!

Thanks, Locknload, for you and some of the others confirming that I am not alone ...

JMax
September 28, 2002, 06:21 AM
She knows about all of them and reminds me about them every chance she gets.

"Why do you need so many"? ....Bla, bla, bla

JMax:D

Hal
September 28, 2002, 06:28 AM
Wait, let me ask her,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

[play audio]
Me, "Wake up for a second. Do I have any guns you don't know about?"
Wife, "If I don't know about them, how will I know if you have them? Do you have any?"
Me, "No."
Wife, "Well then the answer is no"

[edit audio] I've censored the comments made by a person being woke up at a little after 7:00AM on her day off to be asked a question[/edit audio]
[/audio off]

MeekAndMild
September 28, 2002, 10:15 AM
What hlmcfa said.

Miss Demeanors
September 28, 2002, 11:32 AM
Well my 'wife' doesn't live here anymore (and believe me I think he could pass for a wife) :D but when he was here, he didn't know. No one but my sisters hubby knows and I plan on keeping it that way. I could give you the full lecture on what my family would say if they knew, so I see no point in sharing this with them. I don't plan on dating for a long time so for now everything is all mine, what a great feeling! :D

Ledbetter
September 28, 2002, 12:05 PM
My wife knows about them all (20+) and has no problems at all since I promised her I would always pay with cash, not credit card. She even bought me two of my favorites, a Ruger Mk II slabside and a Ruger 10/22 Magnum.

My ex-wife has a pretty good idea too, since I take her two sons from her first marriage (it's California, remember) trap and pistol shooting, as well as our 12 year old daughter.

Regards.

Zundfolge
September 28, 2002, 12:21 PM
She knows about all of them and reminds me about them every chance she gets.

"Why do you need so many"? ....Bla, bla, bla

How many pairs of shoes does she have?

If my wife EVER complains about the quantity of guns I own that will be my response (she has a lot more shoes then I have guns).

ronin308
September 28, 2002, 12:30 PM
I think my wife has bought me more guns than any guy on the planet. Needless to say, she knows about all of them.

Long Path
September 28, 2002, 02:20 PM
Whew.

That's a risky little game! :)

Nope, I don't, and never did, though I did pay about 1/3 of the cost of an M1 carbine in tiny little installments before I mentioned it to my wife. But she knew before I brought it home.

She: "But you already have some rifles."

Me: "Not like this one."

She, handling it: "Why do you need this one? You already have a rifle."

Me: "It's like shoes-- you may have a pair of galoshes, and a pair of flip flops, but that doesn't mean that you've got the right pair to wear to a job interview, does it?"

She, sighing, sighting down it: "Well, it is handy, I do like the sights. Can I use it the next time we go deer hunting?"

Me: "Uh, no-- that wouldn't be a good idea, really..."

She: "Then what do we need this for?!?"

Me: {sigh}

moredes
September 28, 2002, 03:08 PM
"My wife knows about all my guns ... but she doesn't know how much I spent on them." Zundfolge

Here, here. At least, she knows about the ones she's seen. Neither of us keep track; she isn't that interested. When she does see one she either hasn't seen, or can't remember (;)), it doesn't seem to be a big deal. Though I must say, she has been diplomatic enough never to ask how much they've cost.

I am blessed. :) :cool: :D :p

Zundfolge
September 28, 2002, 03:36 PM
Right now all Ihave is 3 handguns so its hard to hid guns ... someday I'll have dozens of handguns and rifles ... I expect I'll own a couple then that she doesn't know about. :p

Country Boy
September 28, 2002, 06:14 PM
Full disclosure. My wonderful wife is very supportive of my hobby, and I'm supportive of hers. Relationship is give and take. Her only stipulation is that the next one I buy is hers.

Rembrandt
September 28, 2002, 06:27 PM
I made the mistake of buying a $2500 pistol, Mrs Rembrandt found out.....it later cost me $25,000 for a new kitchen....Oh well, marriage is full of compromises....

CAP1
September 28, 2002, 08:42 PM
She's never asked or asked to look. :D

I have offered and never 'hide' anything. ;)

pax
September 28, 2002, 09:00 PM
I don't own any that he doesn't know about.

By definition, I dunno if he can say the same about me. :D

pax

Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves. After marriage, the 'Y' becomes silent.

22x9
September 28, 2002, 11:18 PM
"as long as they are stored in the safe, I don't want to know what you have."

My biggest problem is that I bought a small (8-gun) safe. Turns out that it can hold 8 long guns, 6 pistols, a bunch of knives and a broad sword. Of course, it was a pain in the arse to open & close. So I got rid of the broad sword, now items don't fall out as often.

radom
September 29, 2002, 12:39 AM
It really helps if you have more than they can keep track of. But its a bit odd when you get asked when did you get that about a gun you have had for 20 years

straightShot
September 29, 2002, 07:28 AM
Oh, those? I had those way before we ever got married...

That one? Oh, you just never saw it before...

That black one? Oh, it's just like the others. It's not menacing, and it's fun to shoot...

Those four? Oh, they just shoot the same caliber, they're 60 years old...

The UPS driver brought one? Thanks for signing. I saved a bundle. It was on sale, a collector's item, and I hardly spent anything on it...

Only explain if you have to...and when you're cleaning them and she walks in...

straightShot

yankytrash
September 29, 2002, 07:34 AM
How many pairs of shoes does she have?

If my wife EVER complains about the quantity of guns I own that will be my response (she has a lot more shoes then I have guns).BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAHAHAAAAHAHAAHAAAA!!!! :p

Guess what she'll say? Well, I'll tell ya, it goes something like this, "Guess how much I paid for these shoes! ....and you know I owned most of these shoes before you and I even met! ...and you see these? These were $8, these were $12, and these were at the thrift store for $2, ...." Editor's note: The prices were confirmed by the price tags still in the boxes, apparently so she could wear'm and return'm) "....I got those from my sister, those from my mother, and those from my aunt... and how much were those boots you're wearing?"
"Uhhh, I dunno, about $30?"
"WRONG! Try TWO HUNDRED thirty! ...and let me tell you something, everytime you buy something it always has to be HUNDREDS of dollars, not $5, not $15, HUNDREDS! You don't even care about us, do you!?! If you cared in least bit, you'd be happy with what you have, and....."

It's amazing how a 4-foot-nothin woman can bring a 6'2" man to his knees. Thought of carryin her in an open Fobus instead of the 1911. Gots more stoppin power, and much more penetration and wounding ballistics.

So Zundfolge, for your own benefit, don't try it. Learn from my pain and just bow your head. Do the Tom Green Possum Club prayer until the smoke clears, "I am a man, I can change, If I have to, I guess."

Then do as I - buy all black guns so she don't know the difference. They're all just black guns to her. ;)

CZ Gunner
September 29, 2002, 07:50 AM
Guns, what guns? :p :D :eek:

george miller
September 29, 2002, 09:29 AM
my wife doesnt really like guns.if i go to a gunshop and she knows im getting something,i have to be sure to pick her up something at a craft or jewerly store on the return trip.she has her longaberger baskets(dont see why anyone would spend that kinda cash on a basket..) and i have my guns.p.s. i got her to carry my beretta elite from the bedroom to the safe the other day(down 3 flights of stairs).neat trick.i told her id mistakedly left it in the drawer and needed her to go upstairs and bring it down so we could go out to eat as soon as i finished cleaning it.the ol switcheroo tactic,simply get their mind on something plesant and theyll do it everytime.i also agree with the shoes post.seems a woman thing to have multiple(many times over)pairs of shoes.seems blond women are more easily fooled too while the brunettes are thinkers. the redheads just blow up.

Southla1
September 29, 2002, 10:33 AM
"Full disclosure" is a good policy in marriage"

Does that mean that for a REALLY big party you bring both your wife and girlfriend? :D

How many guns? Probably 8 or 10............she dont know how many my daddy had that I inherited.............she thinks it was just one or 2. In fact the other day she said "You must have about 30 guns or so, and all the reloading equipment, you need to sit down and put on paper who gets what when you die". Die? Moi? Does she think I have a girlfriend? ;)

Zundfolge
September 29, 2002, 11:29 AM
yankytrash, remember, she thinks I payed $65 for a Makarov and got my Kahr in trade for some design work.

I already thought of that ;)

Oh ... and she likes expensive shoes ... I have my 9mm, she has her NineWest (guess which cost more) :p

alcmaeon
September 29, 2002, 07:13 PM
Strict "Don't Ask Don't Tell"

She doesn't like them, doesn't approve of them but tolerates it because she wuvs me. Her choice not to hear about them, I'd tell her if she would let me.

Hemicuda
September 29, 2002, 07:43 PM
GF ain't got a CLUE as to how many I own... but since I have only acquired 3 or 4 since we got serious, and already had the rest, she doesn't NEED to know...

she is "gun tolerant" but might just freak out if she knew how many I have...

MiniZ
September 29, 2002, 08:21 PM
So many have come(and a few gone) since I've married, my wife probably doesn't have a clue-although I have never hid any from her...

My wife does know about the M1A and the two .45s, as she bought them for me!!

vulcan
September 29, 2002, 10:44 PM
When she ask about the guns, I ask about her jewelry(Hey isn't that a new ring?) That usually derails her train of thought about the guns. I just hide the stainless steel guns. She covets my s&w 649 "Its shiny & just the right size for me". She is drawn to chrome & SS guns( I think she is part pack rat). Only blued & large guns from now on! BTW she is a good shot with the 649.

MJRW
September 30, 2002, 12:39 AM
My fiance lives with me so I hope that qualifies. She knows about all of them and requests going to the range so she can plink with the 10/22. She doesn't really like the magazines so she has asked for a marlin of her own. She also offered to buy me that Bersa I've been looking at for a Christmas present. She says as long as the bills are paid, she doesn't care what I buy with my money...and this was said in specific response to a gun purchase conversation.

yorec
September 30, 2002, 01:00 AM
You think I'm gonna post the number here and chance that she'll find out later by reading it?

Nope. NO chance. I don't even KNOW how many she doesn't know about - any number I could tell you of would be wrong...

(Oh and for you honesty sorts - this isn't how many I've deceived her about, just how many she's forgotten about... :cool: )

swingset
September 30, 2002, 05:09 AM
I used to sneak them in under the spousal radar. Not anymore.

Nowadays, at 33 years young, I'm the only person I know my age that's still married, and my wife says the same. All our friends are divorced, and the ones who got remarried are miserable or involved in bad relationships.

Point being, I hide nothing. When she gave me guff once about them, I said, "Well, thank these guns from the bottom of your heart because in 10 years of marriage these guns provided me a healthy recreation instead of ****ing around on you, drinking, gambling or any other nonsense that the boredom of their absense would have incubated."

Musta worked, cause she laid off and never gave me any trouble again.

45King
September 30, 2002, 05:58 AM
Well, it's time for a repeat for any newlyweds out there...

First item of business; buy an expandable gun rack system. More about this later.

The first gun is easy. Even the second gun is not too bad; after all, a rifle and a shotgun are for different purposes, aren't they? Where you get into trouble is the third gun; you may be tempted to sneak this one in. DON'T DO IT! Just brazen it out. Your spouse will henceforth refer to them as "all your guns." BINGO!

Here's where the expandable gun rack comes in: your wife won't REALLY notice how many guns there are, just how many empty spaces there are in the gun rack. As long as there are always 5 emtpy slots, she will just think, "Him and all his guns."

When I first got married, it only took my wife five minutes to dust the gun case. Now, it takes a half hour. She commented on it the other day, saying "I must be getting really slow; it used to only take me five minutes to dust that thing with all your guns."

Recommended ruses:
The "It was on sale!" routine.
Disassemble and bring in in pieces; "Just some spare parts, dear." (Warning: only for the mechanically inclined, and I don't mean "mechanically inclined" in the sense of "screwing everything up.")
"Oh, it's Joe's gun; he's loaning it to me for the season."

;););););)

Items for sale: one moderately used bridge, prime waterfront property in FL & AZ.

FlyinGN
September 30, 2002, 06:48 AM
jeeze, you guys must have bad marriages... My wife is also my best friend. You tell your best friend everything.. Which I do..

Frank

CZ Gunner
September 30, 2002, 02:13 PM
FlyinGN ...

(1) Just how MANY guns do you own; and,
(2) Does she know how MUCH you've spent on them (assuming there are more than 20 or 30 of them.)
(Point being, if she's not giving you any grief about them, you obviously need to BUY MORE!) HA.HA :D

Mine knows neither and prefers it that way.

What ever works!

Gunner

:eek: :rolleyes: :p

Ala Dan
October 1, 2002, 12:31 AM
my wife does not know one gun from the other!:cool: :D :)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

FlyinGN
October 1, 2002, 05:27 AM
cz gunner- I don't have 30 to 40 guns but she knows about every one and the price I paid. In fact we discuss the purchase before hand.. Communication is the key..

I have other hobbies too. Like my show car. She knows all about that and the stuff I buy for that too.

Frank

illuminatus99
October 1, 2002, 11:01 AM
unfortunately I can't use the excuse that they were there before we got together since she bought me my first two guns. (I had a jennings 9mm before we got together but it doesn't count as a real gun). she complained a bit when I brought home yet another shotgun, she said "what's wrong with the remington you got from your grandpa?" I told her "nothing, I just wanted a mossberg too" she changed her tune when I loaded it up and put it under her side of the bed :)

19114EVER
October 1, 2002, 01:20 PM
Not married, but I've had girlfriends dump me because they found out I was a gun owner. One of them went into my closet to get something of mine to wear and noticed I had a Scattergun Tech in the corner behind some long coats. She threw on some of my clothes, including my favorite T-Shirt, and left. I later talked to her on the phone and she called me a psycho. I never saw that T-Shirt again, what a #itch.

CZ Gunner
October 1, 2002, 02:47 PM
I'm sure she has shoes in her closet that I don't know about ... I don't go counting them. Besides, they all look alike to me anyway.

Same could be said of her jewlrey, dresses, make-up, etc.

I think guns, ammo, holsters, etc. are about the same to her.

Gunner

ZeusOne
October 1, 2002, 02:58 PM
All she knows is that I have black guns, brown guns, plastic guns & shiny guns. So long as I don't get a new color, I'm pretty safe!

beastman
October 1, 2002, 03:15 PM
My wife knows about them all (not really that many unfortunately). She is now trying to catch up. :D

It pays to marry well.

JeepDriver
November 4, 2002, 06:57 PM
It's just like the army, Don't ask don't tell. If there's money in the bank to pay the bills and to do the things she wants, nothing else matters. Besides my pay check is 75% of the income she can't really say to much.

glockgirl
November 4, 2002, 07:16 PM
Wife? Don't have one. I've heard that they're handy for laundry and housekeeping and things like that, so if anyone knows where I can get one cheap....

However, I do have a husband, and since every piece of junk mail from the NRA sends him into fits of screaming and accusations of me being secretly madly, deeply in love with Rush Limbaugh, we don't discuss guns. At all. Not ones I own, ones I'd like to own, or anything else related to firearms. I keep my CCW buried beneath my library card and my most recent copy of American Rifleman hidden under the sofa. When I come home from the range, I go straight into the shower...the smell of gunpowder in my hair will just launch the husband into a tirade.

So, yes, I do have at least one gun my spouse doesn't know I own, and I think it's better for the marriage like that.;)

lee n. field
November 4, 2002, 07:19 PM
"Concealed weapons are the ones your wife doesn't know you bought."

I'm going to pick up another one tomorrow.

Greybeard
November 4, 2002, 07:24 PM
Whew, Glockgirl! Ya had to go back a ways to bring this thread back up, huh? ' Glad to see ya postin'. :) Let me guess the maker of the one the spouse does not know about: a Sig? :D

sm
November 4, 2002, 07:58 PM
No Wife, no problem. When I had one she had hers and I had my CCW and Shotguns for competition. Umm everyone knows I got rid of those when I quit competing and got rid of her.

Currently, What Guns?

(only my gunsmith knows for sure )

rock_jock
November 4, 2002, 08:59 PM
Full disclosure is my plicy. Plus, I am a very bad liar. I don't even try to lie because my wife could see right through me. That is one reason why I could never have an affair.

AZTOY
November 4, 2002, 09:01 PM
Wife? Don't have one. But i have 1 gun that no one will see.:rolleyes:

Weimadog
November 4, 2002, 09:32 PM
My wife knows about all the guns, but can only name about a dozen of them. She is not quite as interested in them as I am.
When I want to buy a gun, we discuss it, and sometimes there is a delay in purchase. She believes our spending should be limited by the amount of money we have. :rolleyes:

However, if she shows an interest in a new firearm, whatever it is, I buy it with no hesitation using my own funds. I owe her that. :)

Weimadog

Coronach
November 4, 2002, 10:38 PM
1. Full disclosure. Always. If you think thats silly, do you think turnabout is fair play? I like being married, thanks...I intend to stay that way.

2. Don't ask don't tell does apply, and this is not in contradiction with #1 because...

3. My wife and I each have our own play money, distributed fairly between us (right now we make about the same amount, so its quite even...back when I made 4 times what she did I had a little more play money than she did, but certainly not 4x more. Thats not fair).

I spend my saved-up play money on my toys. I pay cash, and don't get us in debt to fund my hobby. If she asks about a gun, I tell her. If she asks the price, I'd tell her that, too. So far she hasn't asked. :cool: She'd probably be mildly horrified to hear some of the answers. :D

Mike :cool:

Hunter Rose
November 7, 2002, 02:36 AM
Sheesh... some of y'all seem to want to hide fer some reason...

My wife knows about every gun I own, and even encouraged a couple of the purchases (standing at a gunshow table, looking at a 44 Automag in a case, and this voice beside me says "you'll kick yourself if you don't")! She also shoots (mostly her own, although she DOES use mine too), is beautiful, and only cost me fifty cents! ;)

And, for those who may doubt, send a PM to Twistedkeys, and ask her. She's my wife's best friend...

Mute
November 7, 2002, 12:17 PM
If I told you then she'd know. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

mausermutt
November 7, 2002, 02:27 PM
When I was a kid, the ladies just saw the rifle/shotgun as a useful tool, like any other around the place; now, it's been made all political. My wife got on my case, years ago, about my little mini-arsenal, & I said, "When the Nazis came, the Jews had no Second Amendment." Long thoughtful silence. No more static.

Cowdogpete
November 7, 2002, 03:41 PM
SHe knows the gun safe is full and they are overflowing into the closet. But she truthfully has no idea how many guns I own....or cares.

She likes to shoot, on occasion, which isn't often, and limits herself to the 3-4 guns (long guns & handguns) that she has shot before and likes. SHe doesn't care what new cool "had to have" gun shows up. I'm not secretive at all, she's just not that interested. It's my deal.

Just like I really care about that new sewing machine or kitchen appliance she just bought that will see FAR less use than any one of my guns.

SaltyCracker
November 7, 2002, 04:08 PM
She knows I have a gun safe. She has no idea as to how many are in there, and, frankly, neither do I.

(We both lost count a long time ago.)

Ignorance is bliss! ;) :D

ATTICUS
November 7, 2002, 09:05 PM
I'll parrot what a few others have said. My wife knows about "the guns", but I doubt if she could name a single one. Years ago she could name them, all three of them, but after many trades,sales and purchases she hasn't a clue. I make her well aware that I only buy at 40% of the actual value, and always sell at 125% of the actual value. They are an investment after all, and I'm always thinking about the future of the children. The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but.....what's the rest?:D

cocojo
November 7, 2002, 10:20 PM
My wife doesn't really care what I buy. If I want something I buy it, if she wants something she buys it. As long as it's within our means to afford it at the time, it's not a problem. Guns are nothing, I went to the Chevy dealer for an oil change on my truck about a month ago and I ended up buying a new 2002 Chevy Avalanche, now that's a surprise. O percent interest for 60 months and five grand off the sticker, how could I say no.
I have a very good wife and we both know our limitations and we both work very hard and spoil our children.

guns an planes
November 7, 2002, 11:36 PM
i'm lucky to get any guns at all. my wife , who has never given me reason to think her a liar, said she saw a male friend accidentally/negligently blow his head apart at the same table they were both sitting at. i tried to get the whole story out of her but she doesn't care to relive it. said he was cleaning/fooling around and didn't think it was loaded. this was before '90 when we met. my wife was/is a drinker and i bet booze/beer was involved. i have never reached for a gun in anger or threatened to and in her heart she knows that i'm cool with firearms ( don't want the cops to take them all away don't ya know). she knew i use to be into guns and it was she that bought me a used mini-14 with factory folder for christmas one year. she didn't think(as we all know) that one leads to two that leads to three and so on.i'm up to 14 and the shear number is grating on her now. keep them hidden from view but i somehow see puting them in a safe as the only way to diffuse her. it use to be "oh that? i've had that" but she's caught on. she just remembers how many instead of what kinds. every now and then a friend will ask me how many i'm up to and i'll forget to ... ahem...fib.... and reveal the true number and then i've sunk myself. i can sometimes earn twice my normal takehome pay if i get enough overtime. when that happens, i've been known to declare executive override privelage and get another one. as long as it's bought from working brutal hours, she kind of grudgingly accepts it. wow, all that and i could of just said that she knows about all of them. now my one typing finger needs to rest ,bye.

Iggy
November 8, 2002, 12:17 AM
I have some, she has some,

She has fired each and every one we own.

We both were LEO's and she is a hell of a shot.

So if the SHTF, I've got backup and a dammed good one...

Veloce851
November 8, 2002, 12:06 PM
no wife to contend with here.. just project budgets..
the Ducati wants money.. the Porsche wants money.. the 4runner wants money.. the lake lot wants money. And then there is the lower to that AR on my wall that keeps staring at me everyday begging to be completed. Not too mention the intense desire to own every firearm ever made.

I'm holding out for the rich wife who's a gun nut herself :D

oh and to those giving Zundfolge a hard time for not adhearing to full disclosure... well if only you knew Mrs Zund.
she'd kick his arse.. LITERALLY

*note to self... don't marry a black belt in anything until I am myself*:D

Securitysix
November 8, 2002, 12:58 PM
The wife knows all, see's all. Besides she has keys to everything. The key word is "trade" the answer is I traded for it. If going to a show always take an empty case.

faro
November 8, 2002, 02:20 PM
I have reached that wonderful point that Patrick McManus descibes when one's significant other refers to your guns only as those black guns, not as your (specific number here) guns. This statement is usually followed by that wonderful to hear statement, "They all look the same to me."

Greybeard
November 8, 2002, 10:38 PM
SecuritySix - Welcome to TFL! Been some chit chat lately about all the newbies. From that first post (empty case ;) ) not much doubt here that you ain't a troll! You'll like it here.

lhkas
November 8, 2002, 10:54 PM
i have over 25 guns including rifles and shotguns i never tell my wife when i am buying a gun i just do it,she dosen't have to know everything am doing,if she wants something for $300.00 no problem, if i need a case of rounds for $100.00 why are you spending all of our money on that garbage.

ROBOV
November 9, 2002, 10:11 PM
I would like to list them but I'm afraid my wife might walk in on me while I'm typing the list.:)

Edward429451
November 9, 2002, 10:47 PM
I can't imagine having a wife that I had to lie to. Its counterproductive. My sympathies.

Besides, ya just gotta love a babe who buys Redhawks & M1As.:D

Amegatek
November 11, 2002, 04:25 AM
I only have 1 gun right now (next one Sig P220 when I can), and my wife know's about it. The day I bought it, I showed her how it worked, and loaded it with snap caps and let her cycle/dry-fire it. She had only ever shot a pellet gun in her life, but she took to the real mccoy quite readily. Our schedules haven't meshed enough for her to go to the range yet, but I intend to get her there soon and introduce her to the joy of shooting.

ThePatriot29
November 11, 2002, 05:18 AM
Okay guys... I've got this thread archived... Unless you all chip together and get me a Springfield Armory 1911, I'm going to email electronic copies of this thread to all your wives... And don't try to silence me, a copy also resides with my lawyer, who will also release the list if something happens to me... HA HA HA HA

ThePatriot29
who is a poor college student, and getting desperate for his first firearm.