PDA

View Full Version : Which one to buy...

slh02
September 10, 2002, 10:11 PM
Hello all, I am once again really torn on what my next rifle (well, carbine) should be. My two choices are the Marlin 1894cp and the Kel-tec sub2000. Now of course, I am not looking for some heavy game hunting rifle, but a fun little gun that actually has a little more punch than my 10/22. Now the Marlin can pack more of a punch and is a lever action (which is definitely cool) but the Kel-tec can hold more rounds and is semi auto which means that I can shoot faster which usually equals more fun to me :) The sub2000 is also more compact with its nifty folding action. They are both around the same price, so that isnt a big factor in my decision. My major dilemma here is that in my mind the Marlin is more functional and can be used to plink, while the Sub2000 is just mindless fun. Dont really know which one I want more. Just wanted to know which of the two all you TFL'ers out there would get. Also any comments from anyone who owns both would be helpful. Thanks in advance for all responses.

Oh yes, and I know that the most practical thing would be to buy both... I wish I could, but I cant. After this one, I probably wont be able to buy another one for 6+ months because college makes me poor :(

Scarborough
September 11, 2002, 07:16 AM
Good morning. Well while I have no experience with the Kel-tec I do know a bit about mindless fun. Your choice of fun shooting and mine are quite different but if you want a bullet shucker go for it. Shooting a lot of rounds as fast as you can is fun. Go ahead and get it out of your system and enjoy. BEWARE however, if you get hooked by the dark side you will not rest until you have examples of all the EBR's and their numerous related toys.

Art Eatman
September 11, 2002, 10:39 AM
Well, the Old Cynic sez to buy more .22 ammo, and use your imagination as to more interesting targets.

For instance, recycle all those doody-dah plastic water bottles; refill them and set them in a row and see how fast you can hit all of them.

Money goes away a lot faster than it comes to ya!

:), Art

Tropical Z
September 11, 2002, 11:01 AM
I personally would get the Kel-Tec or a Hi-Point carbine.