PDA

View Full Version : Ammunition availability

invisible
December 9, 1999, 11:18 PM
I'm buying the Savage Scout Rifle in 7mm-.08 here soon and I have a question or two. First, how available is 7mm-.08 in Europe as a rule and how available is .45 ACP there as well, as I and a couple of buddies are planning a month or so hunting trip next year.

Gale McMillan
December 9, 1999, 11:31 PM
It is best to use your hosts equipment rather than go through the hassle of taking your own equipment over.. I hope you realize that it is a rather difficult thing to be invited into a hunt club in most of Europe. You have to have good connections with either land owners or game managers or very deep pockets

invisible
December 9, 1999, 11:50 PM
Gale,

Will be hunting on roughly 400 acres in Finland. One of my old co-workers is an immigrant and his father has agreed to allow us to hunt there provided we establish the correct licensure, which he will grease the skids for.

Gale McMillan
December 10, 1999, 08:36 AM
The last time I was in Finland was some time ago and I didn't hunt. I was working with Sako on their fiber glass stocks but seem to remember that there is a skill requirement to obtain a license. We have a Finnish member maybe he will give you the requirements. The hunting is great there . What they call deer is what we call moose