PDA

View Full Version : P99 owners, which backstrap?

gbelleh
September 1, 2002, 05:04 PM
Just curious, which backstrap do you use on your P99?

Right now, I'm using the medium one (that came on the pistol).

dansicotte
September 1, 2002, 05:18 PM
I've only used the meduim one on
a rented gun.

schild
September 1, 2002, 07:41 PM
I don't know, I've now gone to the range twice with each different grip, now I'm back to the medium. My only complaint about the P99 is that the grip is too slippery.

Marko Kloos
September 1, 2002, 08:13 PM
The Medium size fits my hand best, although the other two aren't bad. It's nice to have the option, at least.

n2299
September 1, 2002, 10:41 PM
Since I usually like a flat, ie no arch, backstrap on my pistols. I find the small one the most comfortable in my hands.

Sastrugi
September 2, 2002, 12:22 AM
"My only complaint about the P99 is that the grip is too slippery."

Really hear you there! Have found the 3M syn rubber tape outfits like Home Depot sell for .69 cents per ft. works extremely well {3M™ Safety-Walk™ Medium Duty Resilient Tread 7741}. It appears to be almost the same, if not the same, as the die cut stuff sold as "Decal-Grip" for Glocks. If you don't like it, it peels off with no mess or solvents needed. They only seem to stock it in gray however.

Tried both the med. & large and sort of settled on the med.
Have large hands but something was just not quite right with the large 'strap, possibley the "duck-tail" at its top?

Walther P99
September 3, 2002, 09:33 PM
Since my hands are relatively small, I've found the small strap to be the most comfortable.

blades67
September 3, 2002, 10:47 PM
Depends on shooter and mood.

E.T.
September 4, 2002, 05:40 AM
I switched from the medium grip to a wooden grip (bought it at Earl's) because, although the medium grip fitted well enough, it was too slippery and the wooden backstrap looks very nice with the olive drab frame of my P99 military (check out the 'grip pictures' thread at the general handgun forum for a look !) :p

denfoote
September 4, 2002, 07:05 AM
I started with the small one, then against all odds, at 46 years of age, my hands grew!! :eek: I now use the medium!!! :cool:
It was really weird!! Pistols that were formerly to big for me, like the G17 and G21, now fit me!!!! :D

AndABeer
September 4, 2002, 07:22 AM
I kinda prefer the large but I keep the medium on there so that other shooters will have a better time with it when I offer

4papa1
September 4, 2002, 08:33 AM
"My only complaint about the P99 is that the grip is too slippery."

I have tried all the back straps and the medium one works best for me. Seems the slip on grip from Hogue would take care of the prip slipperyness. I bought my P99 in 40 S&W used. Only problems encountered thus far has been with the old Mecgar magazines locking the slide to the rear. Replaced them with new production Mecgar mags and it works fine now. "Great pistol"

JB