PDA

View Full Version : Are CDNN's prices in Shotgun News wholesale or retail?

Justin
August 25, 2002, 12:18 AM
Let's say that I want to order a Baikal IZH35 target pistol from CDNN Investments.
Their catalog says that the pistol costs $379.99.
I go into my local gunshop and ask them to order one of these guns from CDNN for me.
How much will I pay when all is said and done?

I realize that there may be discrepancies due to local tax, transfer fee, and shipping. I'm just looking for a ballpark figure.

MPH
August 25, 2002, 12:25 AM
My dealer will charge me 10% above the quoted price. On transfers, it's $20. Prices may vary with shops, so check around.

Blackhawk
August 25, 2002, 12:26 AM
$379.99 plus local tax, transfer fee, and shipping.

CDNN's published sales prices are what they charge everybody as far as I know. Of course, if your gunshop contacted them and asked for a discount on a quantity order, they might give it.

Tropical Z
August 25, 2002, 01:45 PM
When i order a gun from CDNN,i ask for Tommy,pay with MY credit card and he ships it to my FFL.Just find an FFL who will do it and your'e all set.Supplies will go right to you if thats all you order (not ammo)it needs an age statement.

Crookshanks
August 25, 2002, 02:43 PM
I've bought from CDNN, and the price you see is what you pay, less shipping.
Any other fees you incur, will be from the FFL you use. Having the gun shipped to your local gunshop can be a bad idea. Around here, most of them will want $50-$100 just for the transfer, and a percentage on top of that.
Go to http://www.gunbroker.com and click on the "for buyer's" button. Than look for "find a FFL" and click on that. From there you can search for one near you, by state or zip.
Once you find one, call him, and introduce yourself.
The way it works most of the time, is you just call up CDNN and tell them what you want to buy, give them your payment method, and the name of the FFL you want the gun shipped to. If that FFL is already on file with CDNN, (or any other site you're buying from) you're done. If not, you call the FFL you're using, and tell him to send a signed copy of his license to CDNN.
It's easy. The FFL I use, charges $10 for a transfer.

So I call up a place, say "I want this, and this, and a couple of those, and throw in one of these, here's my credit card #, my FFL is (insert your FFL here)" and BAM, it's on the way. Or if the place has an online ordering, I don't even have to talk, just click and type.

Jeff OTMG
August 25, 2002, 10:26 PM
The Baikal is a fine pistol, but the CDNN price is too high. Try Jerry's or EAA.

MuzzleBlast
August 26, 2002, 09:07 AM
Around here, most of them will want $50-$100 just for the transfer, and a percentage on top of that. Jeeze Louise! :eek: Dealers here charge $10 - $15, flat.