PDA

View Full Version : Ruger .45?

Will Batayte
August 11, 2002, 09:51 PM
I just bought a ruger .45 auto. I bought it used so I don't have the manual yet. I was looking at rugers web site and the model I have is not listed. My pistol is marked Ruger P97DC. On the site they list the P97D and the KP97D. The pistol is decock only but not DAO. It has a stainless slide and black frame. I could not see what is printed on the pistol in the pic from rugers site. the only difference I can find between the P97D and the KP97D is the finish. So do any of you guys know exactly which pistol I own? I figure it is probably the KP97D but would like to be sure. Here's a link to Ruger's web page:
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/pistolscf.html

laynlow
August 11, 2002, 09:58 PM
You have what is referred to on their site as the KP97D. Newer models are called P97DC, but it is the same gun. Call Ruger and they will send you the manual for free. I own that gun and enjoy shooting it. I hope you like yours!

Will Batayte
August 12, 2002, 02:17 AM
Thanks for clearing that up:D . I actualy bought an SP 101 used and it didn't have the Manual so I am familiar with rugers service. I have to say that the women I spoke to when ordering the manual for the SP was very pleasent and she got it out to me in about a week. I bought the P97DC on sat so I'm just waiting for monday to call for the book. Anyway thanks again.

David Scott
August 12, 2002, 09:41 AM
The K prefix in a Ruger model number designates a stainless steel weapon. The P means Pistol, the next two digits are the model line, and the suffix can be D for decocker (they sometimes put DC on the slide), DAO for double action only, or no suffix for a manual safety.