PDA

View Full Version : Hornady TAP Ammo- Hit or Hype?

RCH
September 9, 1999, 11:06 PM
I was looking tonight for info on this and saw jwong's reference. I figure that we may get a better answer if it was it's own topic...

Has anyone tested this ammo? Does Hornady's live up to it's claim? Just looking at it, the ammo appears to be Sierra (?) ballistic tip ammo. It is accurate and lethal or just gimmerickery?

artech
September 10, 1999, 08:41 AM
I can't speak for it's lethality, having only fired on paper targets, but the accuracy is there, that's for sure. Either the 55 or the 75 grain stuff shot beautiful groups out of my Bushmaster.

------------------
With my shield or on it...

Gino
September 10, 1999, 11:29 AM
I can add a little info here. The TAP ammo is the same as the varmint ammo (don't remember they name) - same bullet, same powder, everything. So, if you want to try it out there is a cheaper alternative.

Glock Raider
September 10, 1999, 04:09 PM
I belive you are refering to the V MAX ammo. I use 60grain v-max muzzle velocity 2850fps. I get mine from CNC cartridge company, it is new ammo not reloads, works great in AR's the number is 618-435-2855 last time I bought some it was $20 for 50rds (don't know if you can get a quantity discount you may want to try a box or two to see if you like them first. :)

Willy
September 11, 1999, 10:39 PM
Glock Raider,
Just curious, are you around the 618 area code?

Willy

Glock Raider
September 12, 1999, 01:07 AM
Yes click on my profile Willy.St.louis