PDA

View Full Version : REM 700 bolt stop & trigger questions

BluRidgDav
August 3, 2002, 07:39 PM
I have a 20-yr-old REM model 700. The spring that holds the bolt-stop/release UP in the "stop" position, is bent all outta shape. So now, the bolt comes out of the receiver, every time I work the action. I took apart my wife's 2-yr-old REM model 7, in order to see how this spring was "supposed to look", but her mechanism is different. The M7 system looks much better designed. Can I replace my old M700 bolt-stop set-up with the new & improved M7 one?

Second question:
On the front of both trigger assemblies, there are 2 small screws. What does each of these screws adjust? The M7's trigger is "lawyer heavy" and I would like to lighten it a little.

Thanx in advance, for the help.

Mike Baugh
August 3, 2002, 08:04 PM
I dont know about the M7 bolt stop but Holland's makes an extra power bolt stop spring for your 700. You can get them from Brownells, they make a big difference. I replace my stock springs with them. As a side note I dont think Remngton will sell the bolt stop spring so this might be the only way to get one short of going to a Remington repair station. On the model 700 trigger the bottom front screw is the weight adjustment, the top front is overtravel and the rear is sear engagement.

Trigger adjustment (http://pages.zdnet.com/remingtonsniper/remington700rifleclub/id14.html)

Good luck, Mike

BluRidgDav
August 3, 2002, 08:37 PM
Thanx Mike. Very informative web-site. (now saved as a "favorite")

As luck would have it, my new Brownell's catalog arrived today. I'll check for that Holland spring.