PDA

View Full Version : Volquartsen

Robertelee
August 3, 2002, 04:52 PM
Anyone have hands-on experience with the Volquartsen .22 pistols? They look cool(IMHO), though I'm more interested in the functional improvement over the Ruger they're based on, i.e., are they more accurate, trigger better, etc. Any comments appreciated.

Best to all
Robert

Blackhawk
August 3, 2002, 09:40 PM
Do you mean Volquartsen mods for Ruger 22/45s? :confused:

Robertelee
August 4, 2002, 10:41 AM
Blackhawk:

I mean the complete custom pistols they sell, which contain all the aftermarket internals that you can also purchase to do your own modifications of a standard Ruger. They have about 8 different models. I ordered the brochure from their web-site.

Robert

Standing Wolf
August 5, 2002, 04:43 PM
I've heard excellent comments from Volquartsen owners, but have never seen one of the pistols. I'm thinking about getting one myself. Anyone? Anyone?

DAVID JOHNSON
November 30, 2002, 12:38 AM
High guys I just found your post asking about the Volquartsen pistols. I have 2 which I purchased from local gun shows. I have the Stingray which is the 7.5 inch with the comp and the LLV conversation which sits on your Mark I or II frame . The guns are just great. Very accurate and with nice triggers. I just finshed testing the LLV in a ransom rest and it shot 1.4 inch 10 shot group using CCI Standard Vel The wind was blowing about 20 to 25mph. I tend to like the Stingray the best it has great sights. If you want to try and have something different very neat guns. If you guys like the Ruger's Send your gun to Alex Hamilton at 10 Ring Percesion and have him install a Walter match barrel (175.00) and do a trigger job. With the new barrel the gun will shoot 1 inch groups or less at 50 yards.

DJ.

Ledbetter
December 1, 2002, 01:12 PM
Are you talking about the "Cheetah" pistols that are based on the 10/22 rifle?

Ledbetter

DAVID JOHNSON
December 1, 2002, 10:22 PM
No
The LLV is a match upper with a slide, barrel, chamber and sights. Approx cost is 245 to 280. it fits to the receiver of a rugger mark 1, or 2. The stingray is a full custom pistol you can find it on the Volquartsen web page.

David