PDA

View Full Version : Walther ppk/s grips?

aikidoka - mks
July 30, 2002, 03:56 PM
Im thinking of ordering the excalibur silverwood grips with checkering and palm swell for this gun. It will be used for concealed carry in a defender belly band. What are some opinions about these grips for concealed carry? The factory grips seem a bit flat for my palm, hence the palm swell. The factory grips are checkered as well so I thought this would fine and also help with the grip on the wood.

Thanks,

Mark

kahr Carrier
July 30, 2002, 09:39 PM
Try the Pachmayer signature grips for your PPk ,the cost not bad about $20.00.

aikidoka - mks
July 31, 2002, 04:09 PM
Thanks,

I have considered those but it seems most think the rubber grips would cling to the covering garment so thats why I was leaning towards wood grips. Do you have experience with pachmyr grips on a concealed carry firearm?

Mark

trapshooter
July 31, 2002, 06:04 PM
I got a standard-profile set of checkered rosewood grips from Eagle grips for mine. I didn't see the need for a palmswell, but I don't have huge, or even large, hands. I think you are on the right track, though. The plastic ones that came with mine lasted about ten minutes in the real world. (I slipped the gun into my back pocket, bent over, and suffered cracked grips on both sides).

The wood is more durable, and any wood looks better than plastic. The Pachmayr's are ok, but they do tend to hold cloth, and thus not only add a (slight) level of difficulty to the draw, depending on carry position, but also print more, for the same reason. Also, if you are in a hurry and get a bad grip, it's harder to fix on the fly with Pachmayr's, or the Hogue versions, for that matter. JMO, FWIW.

aikidoka - mks
July 31, 2002, 07:24 PM
Well I dont have huge hands overall but even if i grip the gun like Im squeezing it to death, i can feel a slight lack of contact in the palm with the factory grips. I have odd hands - the palm of my hand seems a bit large compared to the length of my fingers. Makes for a good excuse for not being able to play my guitar lol.