PDA

View Full Version : Mosin Nagant 91/30 HELP!

Bongos
July 21, 2002, 06:34 PM
I just acquired a nice Mosin Nagant 91/30: my problem:

The trigger is very light, about 50% of the time I closed the bolt, the firing pin is released. Do any of you experts have any idea of how I can make this a safer gun? If I closed the bolt slowly it doesn't release the firing pin, still I consider this gun unsafe. Please help. Any info is much appreciative.:rolleyes:

George Stringer
July 23, 2002, 06:35 AM
Bongos, sounds like the result of a botched trigger job. You need more sear/cocking piece engagement. I think you are looking at replacing either the trigger or the cocking piece and possibly both. George

Bongos
July 23, 2002, 10:42 AM
The gun came from the store this way, the bolt and receiver serial number does not match. In this case, where can I go (other than gun shows) to get the parts?

M2HMGHB
July 24, 2002, 03:31 AM
http://www.surplusfirearms.com/Mosin.htm

ive bought some of my stuff from them including the interupter ejector. they seem to know what they're doing and they have good prices.

Scott

Velocipede
July 24, 2002, 08:33 AM
Do you have an adjustable trigger?

Mine is. One of the two screws is trigger travel. If you set the travel too short by turning the screw too far, this happen.
Check f there is two screws on your trigger (the other one is trigger weight).

It would be sad to change pieces for nothing.
If not, what the others said.

Bongos
July 24, 2002, 03:51 PM
I borrowed and put another bolt in, the gun works fine, looks like the bolt is the problem... thanks for all your help

George Stringer
July 24, 2002, 05:15 PM
Bongos, try changing out cocking pieces on the bolt. I imagine that is the difference. George